New Year in Scotland

Thorongil

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

It also annoys me how Steak Pie at New Year was invented and retconned in circa 2005 into being a “tradition”.

I think it was earlier but not complaining.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I partly blame mobile phones seeing as its demise coincided with everyone sending "Happy New Year! ..." texts from home rather than going out and saying it over a dram.

You're the problem Shortbread Boy!

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

It also annoys me how Steak Pie at New Year was invented and retconned in circa 2005 into being a “tradition”.

That can't be right. Steak pie at New Year has got to have been 'a thing' from way before that 

Anyway, a good steak pie with mashed and roasted tatties, carrots, peas and sprouts is a thing of beauty. Especially if the steak pie is from Ewart's butchers.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That can't be right. Steak pie at New Year has got to have been 'a thing' from way before that 

Anyway, a good steak pie with mashed and roasted tatties, carrots, peas and sprouts is a thing of beauty. Especially if the steak pie is from Ewart's butchers.

Naah, nothing can compare with Cockburns of Dingwall.

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I started earlier and I expect about my next six meals will be that.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Yup, we've a 3lb pie for the two of us. She's just said we've got breakfast on Tuesday sorted.*

Not with my portions, though.

4lb pie plus the stew and sausage We were expecting at least 3 visitors. All cancelled. What's a boy to do?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

4lb pie plus the stew and sausage We were expecting at least 3 visitors. All cancelled. What's a boy to do?

Set the table, put the full plates out, open a bottle of Single Malt, change places after each large glass and have a guid yin.

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Go away.  Even the ScotchNats on here find you tendentious.

Ach, I'm only having some fun with you.

You're harmless enough so don't spoil it by being agressive.

Let us all come together on this night of all nights.