WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

It's fairly hypocritical how they treat the ladies. You do wonder what the reaction would be if one of the women came out wearing a Burqa

Probably rapturous cheers. That's the hypocrisy of religion.

Is LA Knight the guy who ends any debate that Vince McMahon is well past it? He's insanely over and got there so quick, like few have before, yet old rapey Vince wanted him to be a manager for a tag team who struggled to get on Main Event. If Vince was still running things Max Dupri would have been punted from the company when MEM were.

There's only so many times that Reigns wins due to The Bloodline before the guys facing him look like idiots who either have no pals or who don't bother to ask for help, and we've long since passed that.

It would be fine if a guy facing Reigns burned loads of folk before so they refused to help him, but I can't think of guy who Reigns defended against in recent times where that would apply to. 

Furthermore, you'd imagine that if someone like LA Knight asked folk who Reigns previously beat due to The Bloodline to watch his back, say in exchange for a title shot, they'd do it. 

They either need to come up with new ways for Reigns to retain or come with ways to stop the faces looking like dummies (yeah!).

Edited by DA Baracus

Caught up with Crown jewel earlier. Enjoyed Seth v Drew. Just now WWE are blessed to have Seth, Drew, Cody, Gunther, Finn, Sami, KO, Gable, sheamus that can go out and put on 20/30 minute bangers with anyone.

doubt he will hold it for long but Logan is pure gold! nice to see Kairi back as well looking cool.

I’ve been a massive fan of the bloodline and i know they want to beat Bruno and Hogan’s record but mon to f**k it’s getting horrifically boring now.

14 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Caught up with Crown jewel earlier. Enjoyed Seth v Drew. Just now WWE are blessed to have Seth, Drew, Cody, Gunther, Finn, Sami, KO, Gable, sheamus that can go out and put on 20/30 minute bangers with anyone.

doubt he will hold it for long but Logan is pure gold! nice to see Kairi back as well looking cool.

I’ve been a massive fan of the bloodline and i know they want to beat Bruno and Hogan’s record but mon to f**k it’s getting horrifically boring now.

He'll drop it to Logan Paul, which will make me even angrier

WWE shows are approaching the point where there's just little point in watching. They haven't been *bad* in a long while, but if you want good solid wrestling, there are loads of other options nowadays. None of the stuff they're putting out really feels like it matters. Knight deserves a shot, but he was never going to win, and the match follows the same tired pattern they have for months now. So many feuds just seem to be them having a plan for WM, and being fine with just putting on stuff that doesn't matter until then. 

Seems from the general reaction that you can't possibly point out that Logan Paul is a complete c**t because he's quite good at wrestling.  He has absolutely taken to this probably better than most.  He's a tremendous athlete, and he brings a whole load of positives to WWE.  But you can also, quite rightly, point out what a complete c**t the guy is.  I just can't take to him.  At all.  WWE at least deserve some credit for realising he should be a heel because he's genuinely detestable, but we've got loads of absolutely top class heels I'd rather see in a position across both major companies.  

And I know I'm sounding like old man yells at cloud, but then I am old.  And I fucking hate clouds.

Edited by forameus

Noticed a bit of online content praising Logan Paul for saving Rey's life at that spot off the ropes. At the time I thought f**k sake fucking youtuber in the wrong place nearly killing one of the goats, given on the balance of probabilities the 48 year old veteran who can be put in the ring with anyone probably was the one who executed the move correctly. 

Either way though, fair play to Paul for reacting. Regardless of who got it wrong he reacted, caught him, and transitioned pretty seamlessly it into another spot. That's experienced veteran stuff that and I grudgingly doff my feathered hat to him (unless of course there's the third option of it was a carefully crafted work to generate even more online content for Paul 🤣).

Eta: I flip back and forth with Logan Paul. Detestable POS who in normal times should be absolutely nowhere near a wwe title belt. He's a heat magnet, huge online reach, and is way, way better than he has any right to be. Plus he clearly loves it. And he's having top stars in the ring with him, so he's obviously doing and saying the right things backstage to get himself over there too. I will never, ever buy a bottle of Prime. 

Edited by Jeff Venom

53 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Noticed a bit of online content praising Logan Paul for saving Rey's life at that spot off the ropes. At the time I thought f**k sake fucking youtuber in the wrong place nearly killing one of the goats, given on the balance of probabilities the 48 year old veteran who can be put in the ring with anyone probably was the one who executed the move correctly. 

Either way though, fair play to Paul for reacting. Regardless of who got it wrong he reacted, caught him, and transitioned pretty seamlessly it into another spot. That's experienced veteran stuff that and I grudgingly doff my feathered hat to him (unless of course there's the third option of it was a carefully crafted work to generate even more online content for Paul 🤣).

Eta: I flip back and forth with Logan Paul. Detestable POS who in normal times should be absolutely nowhere near a wwe title belt. He's a heat magnet, huge online reach, and is way, way better than he has any right to be. Plus he clearly loves it. And he's having top stars in the ring with him, so he's obviously doing and saying the right things backstage to get himself over there too. I will never, ever buy a bottle of Prime. 

Am I just looking at it with hate goggles, but on that spot does it not look like Rey would have rotated through and landed fine had Paul not been there?  Guess it depends what the spot was supposed to be, and whether he was supposed to complete the moonsault, or whether Paul was genuinely supposed to catch him.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Am I just looking at it with hate goggles, but on that spot does it not look like Rey would have rotated through and landed fine had Paul not been there?  Guess it depends what the spot was supposed to be, and whether he was supposed to complete the moonsault, or whether Paul was genuinely supposed to catch him.

Quite possibly. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but his instinct to protect his opponent whether it was he or Rey who messed up, or neither, was quite impressive to me.