WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Definitely feels like vinny mac is back after that and not in a good way. A chance to launch Cody in to the next level, but no, just keep roman as the one big draw... Crazy decision to not have a payoff for his story tonight. 

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I doubt Reigns will be arsed going to Puerto Rico for a B level PPV, so I imagine that's the title on ice until at least the Saudi blood money show. Christ knows who they can now build as a credible challenger.

The run up to the PPV people started talking about Roman reaching 1000 days. That does go right to King & Queen of the Ring in Saudia Arabia (not that he'd have to drop it there).

I took it as misdirection to throw some doubt into the WM finish. Since it was so obvious 🤯

The Intercontinental Title match was one of my favourite ever matches to date. 3 guys I love to watch going at it and Gunther gets to show again how great he is in front of the world. I want Sheamus to take the title and Gunther to move on to bigger things soon though. I do feel Sheamus deserves more credit than a lot give him. 

It’s funny I asked the question yesterday does Reigns retain as I just had a feeling WWE would go down that path. The match was absolutely great but the ending to me was so wrong. No matter what happens the moment is gone.

I watched Triple H this morning waffle in the press conference about WWE and it’s stories never end. It’s just the end of a chapter. He then states tomorrow on Raw the story continues. Not sure if that’s a hint at Reigns’ next challenger. Of course stories within WWE end and for as amazing as Reigns and this story has been its time to end. Last night was the moment. Even if Rhodes wins tonight or down the line the moment is gone. It won’t be the same. To me Cody still takes the title but I don’t want a Cody redemption story from Mania onwards. This was his redemption story. Simply put they fucked it. 

Problem is they take in that much money so pissing off fans isn't a huge issue as for although some might turn away the majority won’t and the money will still roll in. 

For Raw tonight I think they will go along the lines of Roman can’t win a match clean and is now reliant on Solo and the Usos to do his dirty work - maybe get Bron Breakker to debut in a way similar to Paige & just say to Roman give me a shot at one of the belts you pick - Roman laughs and says ok - tells his mates to go saying I’ve got this and Bron beats him in a shocker- that way the belts are split 

Much as I'm pissed off that they chose to bring fucking Shane McMahon in rather than even throwing Lashley and LA Knight in a match together, fair play to Snoop for nipping in and working an impromptu 'match' with Miz when Shane's body publicly told him what the rest of us all know - it's over, give it up.

Big Snoop is a total legend.

8 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

For Raw tonight I think they will go along the lines of Roman can’t win a match clean and is now reliant on Solo and the Usos to do his dirty work - maybe get Bron Breakker to debut in a way similar to Paige & just say to Roman give me a shot at one of the belts you pick - Roman laughs and says ok - tells his mates to go saying I’ve got this and Bron beats him in a shocker- that way the belts are split 

Breakker definitely needs a better packaging in terms of his ring gear. The 1991 Global Hypercolour look doesn't do anything on a guy who is being presented as an absolute menace. It worked in NXT 2.0 as it was 100% on brand but can't see it translating to main roster.

Especially as they'll probably want to distance him as far away as possible from his dad for the next few months going by events over the weekend involving Rick. That probably starts with the look.

Edited by djchapsticks

Still unknown at the minute, but if they haven’t pulled the trigger just because of a Dwayne match down the road (which does not need a belt) then it’s an even more mental decision. 

I thoroughly enjoyed both nights (night 1 better than night 2) but I hated the ending. Just get the belts off him, let him have a melt down and get him off TV for a while to rest and recover, then come back and try to convince the Uso's / solo to follow him again.

Tough times for Shane McMahon - fucks himself in probably the least ridiculous move he's ever done at WM, then WWE merges with UFC about 20 years after he begged his old man to buy it.

ETA: fair play to Finn Balor - no real surprise now that he was covered in blood. Spoiler for anyone having a late lunch

Spoiler

Edited by Mark Connolly

Just finished night two. The IC title match was superb, everything you'd want it to be. The main event was cooking along nicely until that finish.

For the 2nd year in a row night 1 absolutely rinsed night 2.

28 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Just finished night two. The IC title match was superb, everything you'd want it to be. The main event was cooking along nicely until that finish.

For the 2nd year in a row night 1 absolutely rinsed night 2.

I'm genuinely at the stage where I'm wondering how they pivot the world championship onto Gunther eventually. He's the natural replacement eventually but not anytime soon, fans would baulk a little at the prospect of a 3 year title reign followed by another long reign.

I also hope that Vince being there overseeing creative under the new deal will be shorter term given he's 77 as I really hate idea of him fucking Gunther over.

Avoided spoilers all day only to check my emails at lunch and have WWE euroshop or some pish ruin it. Seething.

Genuinely where do they go from here? Reigns has ran through every single person already, they build Cody up as a legit challenger only to have him lose. Sometimes the most obvious booking isn’t the a bad thing.

Only made it to the end of the IC match last night so have just watched the rest.

Enjoyable in the ring with the obvious exception (and get it fucking right up the little shite c**t), but the amount of filler is fucking mental. Makes for a poorer viewing experience.

Bel Air vs Asuka was good.

Enjoyed Edge coming out to South of Heaven but aside from a jacket, what made him 'Brood Edge'? Good match but was hoping for shenanigans and the return of Orton, leading to the reformation of Rated RKO.

Main event was absolutely cracking until the finish. What the f**k are they playing at there? They cooled down Sami just for Cody to lose? They built up Cody just for him to lose? The state of that booking. What does Cody say tonight on Raw? 

Who now for Reigns? What now for Reigns?

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm genuinely at the stage where I'm wondering how they pivot the world championship onto Gunther eventually. He's the natural replacement eventually but not anytime soon, fans would baulk a little at the prospect of a 3 year title reign followed by another long reign.

I also hope that Vince being there overseeing creative under the new deal will be shorter term given he's 77 as I really hate idea of him fucking Gunther over.

To be fair, I think Vince was still there when Gunther won the IC? (Think so anyway) so he liked the big man.

35 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

To be fair, I think Vince was still there when Gunther won the IC? (Think so anyway) so he liked the big man.

I thought it was about April last year the allegations landed so just before they went with him as IC champ.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that of all HHH's rehires, only three made the Mania card - Strowman, Dakota Kai and Chelsea Green.

There was no place on the biggest card of the year for Gargano, Lumis, Kross, Hit Row, Nox, Scarlett, Wyatt, Gallows, Anderson or Bronson Reed.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought it was about April last year the allegations landed so just before they went with him as IC champ.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that of all HHH's rehires, only three made the Mania card - Strowman, Dakota Kai and Chelsea Green.

There was no place on the biggest card of the year for Gargano, Lumis, Kross, Hit Row, Nox, Scarlett, Wyatt, Gallows, Anderson or Bronson Reed.

His rehires have been pretty shite tbf and just not worked out by and large. Maybe Vince had a point in letting them go.