WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My issue is they have two massive babyfaces in Roman & Cody and a few amazing back-ups like Punk & LA Knight but they're really struggling on the heel front. There's no-one bar
The Rock that I could buy that's on their level. We'll get an amazing War Games out of the Bloodline stuff but what's next for Cody and/or Roman other than each other?

Gunther, Priest, Rollins... none that can hit that super level. Amazing matches, sure, but nothing that's mindblowing.

If Logan Paul wanted to go full time he could easily be the top heel in the company. Once he has got past the whole Liv/Rhea nonsense Dirty Dom could also be a top Heel.

Edited by mrpaddyx

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

If Logan Paul wanted to go full time he could easily be the top heel in the company. Once he has got past the whole Liv/Rhea nonsense Dirty Dom could also be a top Heel.

Dom is f**king amazing but I can't see him ever main eventing a top show if honest.

Not like I was ever some Reigns fanboy, but seeing him come out and get a red-hot face reaction was unexpectedly wonderful to see.  He;s not been a c**t like so many before him, and it's hard to really point to anything he himself has done wrong that you could dislike him for.  His only crime has been basically to turn up to work and do what was asked of him.  Unfortunately that was often turgid shite that everyone hated.  Now they've finally hit on something that works (which shouldn't have been hard), and rode that hard for a few years, and they'll be able to safely turn him face and be able to get to where they (or at least Vince) always wanted him to be.  Couldn't be happier for the guy.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

My issue is they have two massive babyfaces in Roman & Cody and a few amazing back-ups like Punk & LA Knight but they're really struggling on the heel front. There's no-one bar
The Rock that I could buy that's on their level. We'll get an amazing War Games out of the Bloodline stuff but what's next for Cody and/or Roman other than each other?

Gunther, Priest, Rollins... none that can hit that super level. Amazing matches, sure, but nothing that's mindblowing.

There does seem to be something imperceptible that's missing from WWE.  They've been on a hot streak for a while, but I'd struggle to call that hot really.  Much better from where they were, but they've been dining out on a lot of their stronger stories for a while now. Admittedly, they deserve to, not like it's a fluke or anything, but there's only so much mileage you can get from each story, and they stretched the Bloodline one to its absolute limit after having Cody lose at 39.  Reigns being back changes the dynamic somewhat, and you'll probably get a bit more now, but outside of that they need to be looking at what's next across the board.  AEW can get away with just chucking guys out because they keep a much looser leash on them, and with the insane talent on their roster, you can throw out pairings that will give you an incredible match with zero story behind it.  WWE just aren't set up to do that (although arguably the talent is there). When your company is less about the work-rate and more the sports entertainment stuff, it should be worrying that you can point to Reigns and Cody and then struggle to see who is going to go up against them on the heel side at that level.  Rock is coming back at some point for Cody, but once Reigns works through the Bloodline, what next?  

I thought it was an ok show. Some of the matches were a bit too drama heavy for my liking, but that's been a very successful strategy for WWE in the last year or two. I just wanted to see Drew and Punk tear lumps out of each other, without all the Rollins and friendship bracelet nonsense.

My highlights were the Breakker and Gunther matches. They are two guys who should be main eventing PPVs for years to come. As as has been mentioned, Reigns feels like a gigantic star now. They could have gotten there years ago if they didn't have him eating dog food and cutting suffering succotash promos.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Anyone watching live? Not sure what im gonna do yet.

Nah, glorified house show for me. Don't doubt it will be good wrestling and entertaining stuff, but almost all of it will be inconsequential stuff (Punk/Drew match aside).

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Pish result in the tag title match - still don't think Cargill has fully settled, a few awkward moments during that.

I think it's time folk admitted that Jade simply doesn't have it and never will. She has enough to have a decent career but her look, which is massive star, total main event stuff, far outstrips her talent in the ring.

She'll probably end up with one of the top titles a few times, but won't ever reach the level of folk like Becky, Charlotte, Asuka, Bayley, Bianca, Rhea, Liv and others.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I actually hate Samantha Irvine.

I'm not having that. Apart from the fact that she's a honey, she's the first announcer I could actually give two hoots about, cos you can tell that she actually enjoys the wrestling (or maybe she's just pretending, in which case, even more kudos to her). 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm not having that. Apart from the fact that she's a honey, she's the first announcer I could actually give two hoots about, cos you can tell that she actually enjoys the wrestling (or maybe she's just pretending, in which case, even more kudos to her). 

I used to think she was great, but she's now far too over the top for me. Needs to reign it in a bit, it's all become overly shouty and screechy