The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

So, does this also mean that no prison staff should be male in a female prison? And, likewise, since there are men who have been abused by women, that no prison staff in male prisons should be female? It seems the logical result of this argument you are making. But then what about males that have been abused by males…or females by females?

Seeing as 99% of sex related crimes are committed by men and 88% of the victims of said crimes are women, there's a wee pattern giving a clue to the biggest risks in these scenarios.

My sincerest apologies for forgetting to multi quote on this occasion.

6 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Really?  A prison officer who has been vetted will obviously be more of a concern than an already convicted fkin offender. Vetting and PVG not foolproof clearly, but the fact a guy has been done for sexual offences mean it's a crap idea, surely?

Come the fk on boys you're having a laugh. At the expense of men and women who have been assaulted. Hilarious.

It probably would be better to have female prison officers to work with women, yes.  Not always possible though: https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/resources/creation-mixed-sex-prisons-stealth

And vice versa for the male estate.  Then at least female prison officers wouldn't be asked to do searches on 'females' in the male prison as well.

I was referring to sexual assaults by other prisoners.

Assaults by other prisoners of the same sex are far more more of an issue.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I was referring to sexual assaults by other prisoners.

Assaults by other prisoners of the same sex are far more more of an issue.

Are they? Just because it happens more often due to the normal demographic in a single sex prison?

How does that relate to putting men in women's prison, where they have a massive physical advantage (even if not violent/a sex offender) and the risk is therefore increased by this deliberate choice? 

*All* attacks in prison are a problem. That doesn't mean it's fine to also put men in with women.

7 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Are they? Just because it happens more often due to the normal demographic in a single sex prison?

How does that relate to putting men in women's prison, where they have a massive physical advantage (even if not violent/a sex offender) and the risk is therefore increased by this deliberate choice? 

*All* attacks in prison are a problem. That doesn't mean it's fine to also put men in with women.

The point I'm making is that there is a completely disprortionate attention on a tiny minority of trans women compared to other violent prisoners of the same sex.

Question: if gender dysphoria isn’t a medical or mental health illness or condition (stated by the World Health Organisation) then why is there a demand for  “healthcare”, including drugs and surgeries? 

Edited by Thorongil

PS. This website is a commercial entity dealing with the public and must act lawfully. The next moderator who bans me for a month without warning, having broken no rules, simply on account of my protected, sincerely held beliefs, might want to have a think about the recent case involving The Stand and Joanna Cherry KC. 

Edited by Thorongil

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

PS. This website is a commercial entity dealing with the public and must act lawfully. The next moderator who bans me for a month without warning, having broken no rules, simply on account of my protected, sincerely held beliefs, might want to have a think about the recent case involving The Stand and Joanna Cherry KC. 

Fucking hell, ❄

Just now, carpetmonster said:

I don’t think you can grift folks in a crowdfunder to get a forum account reinstated m9. Although very little would surprise me any more. 

I have the funds, I don’t need anyone else’s. Anyway, I haven’t broken any forum rules and will not break any rules, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

I have the funds, I don’t need anyone else’s. Anyway, I haven’t broken any forum rules and will not break any rules, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Did your last ban include wording that you were being banned for gender critical beliefs? 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Post it then. 

I’ll keep that private for now as is my right and in case it is required in future. The moderator was “Andy Dufresne”. He may choose to post it if he so wishes. 

like I say though, I did not and will not break forum rules so it should not be an issue going forward.

Edited by Thorongil

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You reckon?

5122472B-0A29-4287-BB11-D0FE6CDA3253.jpeg

2C483C35-EC8E-4A76-B153-6299EB4523F3.jpeg

Yeah, I reckon. Wee Bully didn’t get a ban or a warning. I merely defended myself from attack without breaking the rules.

You illustrated the point perfectly though regarding the discriminatory approach.

Just now, Thorongil said:

Yeah, I reckon. Wee Bully didn’t get a ban or a warning. I merely defended myself from attack without breaking the rules.

You illustrated the point perfectly though regarding the discriminatory approach.

You’re lucky I’m not a mod; my kids are American and live in a litigious enough society that the last thing I want them to access is halfwitted ideas that you can threaten legal action against an Internet forum because someone gave you a temporary ban. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

You’re lucky I’m not a mod; my kids are American and live in a litigious enough society that the last thing I want them to access is halfwitted ideas that you can threaten legal action against an Internet forum because someone gave you a temporary ban. 

It’s none of your business though, is it?

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

It’s none of your business though, is it?

It would be in that case. The rules state ‘don’t post what you wouldn’t want your own kids accessing’. 

Edited by carpetmonster