The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

PS. This website is a commercial entity dealing with the public and must act lawfully. The next moderator who bans me for a month without warning, having broken no rules, simply on account of my protected, sincerely held beliefs, might want to have a think about the recent case involving The Stand and Joanna Cherry KC. 

😂😂😂 the absolute state of this

13 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Come the fk on boys you're having a laugh. At the expense of men and women who have been assaulted. Hilarious.

It probably would be better to have female prison officers to work with women, yes.  Not always possible though: https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/resources/creation-mixed-sex-prisons-stealth

And vice versa for the male estate.  Then at least female prison officers wouldn't be asked to do searches on 'females' in the male prison as well.

No, I’m making a point that if A then B.

13 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

Seeing as 99% of sex related crimes are committed by men and 88% of the victims of said crimes are women, there's a wee pattern giving a clue to the biggest risks in these scenarios.

My sincerest apologies for forgetting to multi quote on this occasion.

Got it, once we reduce the threat below 13% or 1% (an extremely dubiously low number I doubt is accurate AND true), we can discount it. Oh, wait, since THIS threat is below 1%…

4 hours ago, f_c_dundee said:

How does that relate to putting men in women's prison, where they have a massive physical advantage (even if not violent/a sex offender) and the risk is therefore increased by this deliberate choice? 

Not a universal fact or constant. Now, granted most men might have a physical advantage over most women, but it is far from an immutable fact. A sizable percentage of men suffer physical abuse from women, and there are certainly cases when the woman is somewhat to considerably physically superior to the men.

56 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Aye the rules is that YOU shouldn’t post what you don’t want your own kids accessing. Ironic really when you want everybody else’s kids to be indoctrinated with gender ideology. 

And he/she/they rolled out the same tired bullshit talking point that the Rethuglicans do in the United States. If talking about something is indoctrinating, then theRe’s a massive range of other things that need addressed before we get down to “gender ideology”. The fact you wish to even suppress this discussion is, in fact, antithetical to your own position. So why not trot on along to a place where your views and beliefs are carefully cosseted by an echo chamber of your own choosing…maybe like Stormfromt or ukip.org.

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

PS. This website is a commercial entity dealing with the public and must act lawfully. The next moderator who bans me for a month without warning, having broken no rules, simply on account of my protected, sincerely held beliefs, might want to have a think about the recent case involving The Stand and Joanna Cherry KC. 

I doubt if the courts would find that an uninvited guest claiming that trans people are mentally ill comes under protected speech in the Equalities Act.

On 10/04/2023 at 22:33, Thorongil said:

If gender dysphoria is not a medical or mental illness then why is the NHS removing peoples’s genitals and giving very young people lifetimes supplies of drugs? 

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Question: if gender dysphoria isn’t a medical or mental health illness or condition (stated by the World Health Organisation) then why is there a demand for  “healthcare”, including drugs and surgeries? 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

No, I’m making a point that if A then B.

Got it, once we reduce the threat below 13% or 1% (an extremely dubiously low number I doubt is accurate AND true), we can discount it. Oh, wait, since THIS threat is below 1%…

Not a universal fact or constant. Now, granted most men might have a physical advantage over most women, but it is far from an immutable fact. A sizable percentage of men suffer physical abuse from women, and there are certainly cases when the woman is somewhat to considerably physically superior to the men.

Some women abuse men. No one ever said that they didn't. Straw man again. 

The vast vast vast majority of men are stronger. 

None of them should ever be in a women's prison, no matter how they identify. They deserve protection in a separate wing as with any other vulnerable man. But there's never a justification to house them in the female estate. Ever. 

It's not even about strength, it's the privacy and dignity aspect - why should women share facilities with them, whether it's washing facilities or a cell. 

I don't believe you can justify men being housed with women, that's why there's no direct answer to the points in trying to make.  Always seems to be a straw man diversion or "but it's remotely possible a woman is stronger so what if" etc etc. Or accuse people of being right wing. That's not how it is in the UK. 

I come from discussing this with feminists I guess. "Living as woman" is a meaningless statement, unless you are one. We're not the US republicans who want to enforce gender norms and have women back in the kitchen and real men out at work. We are the wee girls that played football and had short hair and got called tomboys. We know there is a lot of ways to be a girl or a boy and a man or a woman. But sex is the important factor in many situations where your gender beliefs are irrelevant. 

I know it's maybe hard to hear the way I talk and you might call it misgendering. I believe that accurate language is needed to describe the problem. Not handwaving it all away as fake concern.

Outlying cases of abusive women or of men or women with rare DSD do not remove the facts. 

I don't know how else to say it.

*FYI the dubious numbers are directly from MOJ data and it's 99% or thereabouts if it's scotland, UK or even European figures you want to look up.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by f_c_dundee

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dumped not for their views but being a tedious bawbag.

Not sure I agree with getting banned for being a tedious bawbag.

There are plenty of them on here not banned.  Including me. 

Seems to be that it's only one side of this 'debate' that gets banned. Which is fairly shit, even if I don't agree with their posts. The moderating in here is not even handed.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Seems to be that it's only one side of this 'debate' that gets banned. Which is fairly shit, even if I don't agree with their posts. The moderating in here is not even handed.

You'll have no mates from the other forum left at this rate.

Just to put this issue of where trans offenders should be imprisoned in perspective, the question comes up an average of 2 times a year in Scotland and Adam Graham/Isla Bryson spent his short stay in Cornton Vale in solitary. This thread is getting as obsessive and hysterical as the culture warriors on twitter.

32 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

He was at it.

On 27/01/2022 at 12:13, Thorongil said:

It’s not really an issue I care about and it’s largely an issue I stay away from because extremists on both sides of the discussion don’t allow any calm discussion to take place. 

On 21/06/2022 at 09:36, Thorongil said:

Great news from the sporting bodies. I used to be completely disinterested in this issue but the trans extremists have irritated me to the degree that I now want them to lose the culture war. And they now are losing. 

It’s very pleasing.

On 03/04/2023 at 19:52, Thorongil said:

I used to have absolutely no interest in the whole thing but I have changed my view and become unashamedly gender critical. 

He deleted this one but after it was quoted.

image.thumb.png.353a66601fba1f1e574660e215d72cce.png

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just to put this issue of where trans offenders should be imprisoned in perspective, the question comes up an average of 2 times a year in Scotland and Adam Graham/Isla Bryson spent his short stay in Cornton Vale in solitary. This thread is getting as obsessive and hysterical as the culture warriors on twitter.

Do you disagree? Do you think it's fine for even 1 man to be in a women's prison?

No matter how often it occurs, there need to be clear rules and procedures. It's not obsessive to ask you to answer the actual points we make, instead of just swerving it as it's not important. (To you). It is important no matter how many or how small a % it looks like.

I'm not dismissing you with name calling etc. No one seems hysterical or obsessed to me. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don't agree with you but I'm not going about going telling you to wheesht and calling you, actually I dunno, I don't really do pointless insults. You believe what you believe, others don't and are trying to explain why not. 

You can't have a rule of "no men except those ones" if you have no way to classify ", those ones" as it's all subjective and easily faked. Even if I did agree on any males being there, surely this is obvious?

49 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Some women abuse men. No one ever said that they didn't. Straw man again. 

The vast vast vast majority of men are stronger. 

None of them should ever be in a women's prison, no matter how they identify. They deserve protection in a separate wing as with any other vulnerable man. But there's never a justification to house them in the female estate. Ever. 

It's not even about strength, it's the privacy and dignity aspect - why should women share facilities with them, whether it's washing facilities or a cell. 

I don't believe you can justify men being housed with women, that's why there's no direct answer to the points in trying to make.  Always seems to be a straw man diversion or "but it's remotely possible a woman is stronger so what if" etc etc. Or accuse people of being right wing. That's not how it is in the UK. 

I come from discussing this with feminists I guess. "Living as woman" is a meaningless statement, unless you are one. We're not the US republicans who want to enforce gender norms and have women back in the kitchen and real men out at work. We are the wee girls that played football and had short hair and got called tomboys. We know there is a lot of ways to be a girl or a boy and a man or a woman. But sex is the important factor in many situations where your gender beliefs are irrelevant. 

I know it's maybe hard to hear the way I talk and you might call it misgendering. I believe that accurate language is needed to describe the problem. Not handwaving it all away as fake concern.

Outlying cases of abusive women or of men or women with rare DSD do not remove the facts. 

I don't know how else to say it.

*FYI the dubious numbers are directly from MOJ data and it's 99% or thereabouts if it's scotland, UK or even European figures you want to look up.  🤷‍♀️

Nope, it’s not a straw man, because I’m simply pointing out the inconsistency of your statement. The argument you make is that there is a point at which this becomes irrelevant (around the 1% figure that is not accurate by all studies, due to a dearth of reporting of a number of incidents…but, still, 1%, fine). Since the “trans issue” you are batting around is below the 1% threshold, but your own argument, it can be effectively ignored.

Meanwhile, you press forward on the conflating sex/gender in deliberate ignorance of all the documented differentiation…and then you admit to misgendering. You are a bigot, end of story.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

The only people who have been banned for their posts in this thread got banned for posting obvious bigotry (being trans is a mental illness etc.), they all also have a long posting history in this (and often other) threads which makes it very clear that their posts were not misunderstandings or innocent mistakes, they just don't like trans people.

People would get banned from this forum for posting obvious racism or obvious homophobia. Transphobia should be no different.

This entire thread is a long form debate on whether being trans is even a real thing and whether trans people should get to keep the rights they already have, so lets not pretend that anti-trans viewpoints are being oppressed here.

Edited by MrWorldwideJr

50 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Spot on.

If tedious bawbaggery was a bannable offence, then there'd be plenty in the line before Thorongil.

As you say, it's not even handed at all.

Hopefully admin reconsider this decision and bring Thorongil back.