The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

So branding people is different then than now? Bullshit.

Branding people 😂😂 

Men generally do ignore things in the restroom, but an individual in a dress and makeup in the men’s room draws attention, generally unwelcome. Dress in unisex clothing, no makeup and a masculine hairstyle, and you’ll be in and out no bother, because no one will even look twice…and I suspect the converse is true too.

And?

Show me all these women you speak for…when they appointed you, for how long, and on what terms. So, you’ve no doubt leafed through the More in Common study to find things that reinforce your prejudice, but failed to notice the salient points.

Never even heard of it. 

When studies say there is concern about trans bathroom use pre-surgery, that misses the basic problem of how do you tell? I guess what is really being said is there are women who object out of a fear driven by inaccurate right-wing media portrayals.

Are there? Did you ask many women? It are you assuming that you represent women even better than me?

As for problems, the Harvard study was one of the first out that showed a clear and significant increase in threat to trans individuals due to the r3cent crop of bathroom bills. A number of other studies are underway, but due to the recent nature of many bathroom bills and the time required to collect, validate and produce a study, are not yet complete.

The main threat in the stuff you posted seemed to be not feeling welcome, about 16% was actual assault or harassment. 

Surveys in the UK have consistently shown that when you spell out to women that you're talking about men (many still get confused that transwomen are women identifying as trans) and that the vast, vast majority retain their genitals, they do not agree that they would welcome them into their spaces. 

Men tend to match this pattern. 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

However, when you then conflate currently performed operations on minor intersex individuals and discretionary gender reassignment surgery performed solely on consenting adults (along with the tossing in of cancer mitigation mastectomies, yep, some of the sources and reports you love to yell
You then proceed to say you are only “challenging untruths”, when you are, in fact, propagating and amplifying radical, hysterical propaganda against a small group of individuals in order to drum up fear and hate. You may not realize that’s what you are doing (one hopes), but your demands for those in the transgender community are quite similar to the demands made of various populations in 1930’s Germany. You insist that a person identifying, living and dressed as a woman use a men’s bathroom, which is little more than demanding they wear a yellow star or pink triangle, and has proven to increase the risk to that individual by roughly 50%. On the other hand, there is zero evidence of any issue with that individual using the women’s bathroom.

You talk about hysteria and compare today to Germany in the 1930s? Really? Without a hint of irony? Suffering f**k.

Monkey What GIF by namslam

I wish anyone who compared today to the 1930s could be transported to 1930s Germany and they might understand what it was really like.

The trivialisation of the nazis to win an argument is utterly bizarre behaviour. 

Edited by Trogdor

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You talk about hysteria and compare today to Germany in the 1930s? Really? Without a hint of irony? Suffering f**k.

Monkey What GIF by namslam

I wish anyone who compared today to the 1930s could be transported to 1930s Germany and they might understand what it was really like.

The trivialisation of the nazis to win an argument is utterly bizarre behaviour. 

I said nothing of the suffering, but I identified the tactics as identical to what started in Germany in the 1930’s. You elected to draw conclusions, and to accuse me of trivialization for making a clear comparison.

45 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

Surveys in the UK have consistently shown that when you spell out to women that you're talking about men (many still get confused that transwomen are women identifying as trans) and that the vast, vast majority retain their genitals, they do not agree that they would welcome them into their spaces. 

Men tend to match this pattern. 

You overstate considerably, there is a majority, agreed. The issue though is one of identifying in this case, as presenting a woman with an individual and asking her if this person has male of female genitals makes the point abundantly clear…

I’m simply pointing out that you have been present in a public restroom with such persons as you say you are opposed to sharing the space with, and yet never noticed or complained.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I said nothing of the suffering, but I identified the tactics as identical to what started in Germany in the 1930’s. You elected to draw conclusions, and to accuse me of trivialization for making a clear comparison.

You should be more specific then.

I think your comparison amounts to a trope to win an argument.

The 1930s in Germany are synonymous with the rise of the Nazis. You know this. That's why you made the inference.

You are capable of making reasoned points with evidence, I'd recommend you stick to that.

Edited by Trogdor

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This is absolutely outrageous. Delete this.

How is it outrageous…there is already clear evidence that this behavior causes threats and attacks on people compelled in this manner. Tell me how insisting a person wearing woman’s clothing being ordered by law to use a men’s bathroom doesn’t clearly “mark” that person in a manner similar to requiring they wear a colored piece of fabric? I at no point suggested there was any relationship to the knock on effects that occurred in Nazi Germany, but the comparison of the demands isn’t unfair or incorrect. You can’t argue that they could not wear woman’s clothing, as that is an integral part of the transition process, and REQUIRED under the legal process.

When the state requires wearing certain clothing to proceed on the transition process and THEN a requires the use of a restroom opposite to the gender display the same state requires, regardless of the harmful effects of that requirement, how is that different?