The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

8 hours ago, Zern said:

Well that is incorrect. Plenty of people are saying they should not exist we've mentioned one group already who are famous for they 1930s nostalgia and arm exercises. The Russian Federation they enforce the non-existence of trans people entirely.

But you agree with the poster that they are not actually women?

19 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

But you agree with the poster that they are not actually women?

Of course i don't. They're women. The certificate of authenticity makes them legit.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

German saying:
If 9 people sit down at a table with 1 Nazi without protest, there are 10 Nazis at the table.

I think the same applies to Rangers supporters and sectarianism, and Labour voters who deny antisemitism in the party.

That's seriously flawed logic.

Would you also apply it to rallies in which trans activists hold signs, without protest, calling for the death of and decapitation of 'TERFs'?

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

German saying:
If 9 people sit down at a table with 1 Nazi without protest, there are 10 Nazis at the table.

I think the same applies to Rangers supporters and sectarianism, and Labour voters who deny antisemitism in the party.

Some brass neck from the (West) Germans there, who conveniently 'lost' millions of membership cards and received few negative consequences for *actual Nazi party membership* after 1945.

More of a 'do as we say, not as we do' proverb then. 

7 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

That's seriously flawed logic.

Would you also apply it to rallies in which trans activists hold signs, without protest, calling for the death of and decapitation of 'TERFs'?

Still trying to purr up some outrage over that huh?

There's a reason no-one is batting an eyelid at those banners.

It's because Gargamel won his court case.

image.png.349e6c19e908dedae57df6de09557bac.png

1 hour ago, Zern said:

Still trying to purr up some outrage over that huh?

There's a reason no-one is batting an eyelid at those banners.

It's because Gargamel won his court case.

image.png.349e6c19e908dedae57df6de09557bac.png

Are you going to answer my question?

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

One person holding up a homemade sign?
A bit of paper with writing on it?

No. That doesn't apply.

It seems guilt by association and lack of protest only applies in certain cases.

Funny that.

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

One person holding up a homemade sign?
A bit of paper with writing on it?

No. That doesn't apply.

Fair point. After all, it's quite common to see signs saying "John 3:16" at football matches (though less so in the UK) ; I very much doubt that everyone in the crowd is an active Christian.

As for others, p!ss takes like "careful now" and "down with this sort of thing" they're only slightly more daft than "eat the rich"... I genuinely don't think the latter is actually a threat. 

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Fair point. After all, it's quite common to see signs saying "John 3:16" at football matches (though less so in the UK) ; I very much doubt that everyone in the crowd is an active Christian.

As for others, p!ss takes like "careful now" and "down with this sort of thing" they're only slightly more daft than "eat the rich"... I genuinely don't think the latter is actually a threat. 

It would be an incentive for canniballs.

On 01/06/2023 at 02:12, f_c_dundee said:

We need a word for women that doesn't include some men and the same for men. We need to be able to exclude men (or women) in some situations for reasons of risk or for privacy and dignity when undressed or otherwise vulnerable. 

Jesus H. Christ, I take a little break and come back, and you’re still rabbiting on with this inane argument…and, incidentally, encouraging more VT visits, something that isn’t good for anyone’s mental well-being.

No, we don’t “need a word for”.  Privacy and dignity, eh? So, you believe it is best to increase the risk to individuals compelled to use a restroom opposite their gender identity (studies currently showing a 50% increase in sexual assault risk in areas with such laws, meanwhile there is no study showing any increased threat in areas without such laws. Meanwhile, explain how your privacy is invaded by John who identifies as Jane versus Jane who identifies as Jane in the, I’ll assume locker room, since you talked about undress. There’s a very good chance you’ll have absolutely no idea…if they whip out a phone and snap a picture, that’s already covered by rule…if they are looking lecherously at you, don’t we then need to have rules about no lesbians in the straight ladies area, and no non-binary in…oh, hell.

You want a “clean” solution…unisex bathrooms show no increase in crimes or risks…let’s go unisex. Keep the changing/getting naked/etc in cubicles, like in the family locker room at a club…but rules about who can use what don’t work to make anyone safer.

On 01/06/2023 at 02:12, f_c_dundee said:

They just can't be the opposite sex. They can be treated as such out of politeness at times, but this doesn't extend to a right to be recognised as their desired sex absolutely anywhere, because this affects others rights to things like single sex services and competitive sport.

Yes even park run. Even grass roots football. What % of us are going to be elite sports people? No that many. So having your weekly crack at the park run record for your age group placed out of reach for a male to feel included, is just as crap as the fact that males can set records that will be nigh on impossible to beat in women's sport. 

It's not about shitting on anyone, just that the realities must be considered and that's not bigotry.

Now we get down to the brass tacks…it offends your beliefs. I notice the height of your complaint is single sex services and sport. The single sex services argument is a red herring, and you know it…but keep on pretending it isn’t. As for the sport, tell me, is there a single level of each hormone that is acceptable in sport? Nope, it’s a range or levels, so sport is already inherently flawed based upon your argument. Then you use this line “for a male to be included”…but it isn’t a male that’s being included, it’s a female…or vice versa, no matter how much you wish to twist and shout. During and after transition, competitive sport doesn’t allow the competitor to enter competitions until they meet certain medical standards designed to ensure a level playing field.

Let’s see an example of how this stupid argument played out in Texas a few years ago. A young lady spent several years under medical care before beginning hormone treatments to block puberty and then testosterone treatments that would eventually allow a medical transition after reaching 18. He identified at school as male with no issues until reaching High School in a year where the Texas legislature suddenly decided this was a problem. He tried to join the boys wrestling team, and the school was happy to allow it…but the State competition board demanded he wrestle as a girl. He won the State title three years in a row, as a girl…how fair was that?

If you are doing your fun tun in the park, a runner with a beard and a deeper voice than Barry White beats you like a rented mule, and is then given the woman’s record, how would you feel then? So, there’s a reality.

Here’s another reality, it is!