The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

43 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/24/1177963864/target-pride-month-lgbtq-products-threats

The Abprallen line is being taken off the shelves along with "tuck-friendly" swimsuits.

Woke capitalism is taking a bit of a battering recently but tuck-friendly swimsuits sound ok if the alternative is a pair of balls poking out the side of a womans' swimsuits. Maybe propriety isn't dead after all.

Go Ethan eh!

image.thumb.png.5d4547c789aacc24c2ddbe0858196faf.png

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1528129900158275584?s=20

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/24/1177963864/target-pride-month-lgbtq-products-threats

The Abprallen line is being taken off the shelves along with "tuck-friendly" swimsuits.

Woke capitalism is taking a bit of a battering recently but tuck-friendly swimsuits sound ok if the alternative is a pair of balls poking out the side of a womans' swimsuits. Maybe propriety isn't dead after all.

they were reported as being for children, hence the reaction. i.e small boys tucking up their bits wtf.

ETA that ripping out the whole Pride range was somewhat OTT ( i got the vibe the protesters are actual Right wing nutter types) , but the tucking swimwear for kids...don't disagree that would be a bit batshit.

Edited by f_c_dundee

48 minutes ago, f_c_dundee said:

they were reported as being for children, hence the reaction. i.e small boys tucking up their bits wtf.

ETA that ripping out the whole Pride range was somewhat OTT ( i got the vibe the protesters are actual Right wing nutter types) , but the tucking swimwear for kids...don't disagree that would be a bit batshit.

"Target has only been selling tuck-friendly swimsuits made for adults — and not, contrary to false online rumors, for kids or in kid sizes, the AP also found."

You're not even doing the most basic research/reading before spreading your lies/insinuations and fearmongering. Just repeating the lies you are told.

41 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

"Target has only been selling tuck-friendly swimsuits made for adults — and not, contrary to false online rumors, for kids or in kid sizes, the AP also found."

You're not even doing the most basic research/reading before spreading your lies/insinuations and fearmongering. Just repeating the lies you are told.

That's why I said

reported as

and

would be nuts

You're not even doing the most basic reading. ;)

The fact so many fell for it (me included for a minute until I googled to see if it was a load of shite) kinda shows you how unsurprised we'd be if it wasn't true.

And ties in to exactly what I said above.  Right wing nutballs jumping on this to spread actual hate.

edit: having read my post, it maybe wasn't as clear that I meant 'reported' in the loose sense of the word - as in that was what was spread for a while.  I believe it was exacerbated by some woman making a video, wandering about ranting in the Target aisles!

Edited by f_c_dundee

On 24/05/2023 at 12:17, f_c_dundee said:

see what I mean @Mr Waldo 😂

Woman

an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth

My Oxford English Dictionary 

Female

1. of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

So to me, a

• trans woman is an adult human who lives and identifies as a person that can bear offspring...
  • woman is an adult human  that can bear offspring...

I've just realised that on asking the what is a woman question,the leaders of the three biggest parties in England all give 3 different answers?  Is it any wonder people are scratching there head?

58 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I used to shop at Target in Phoenix. Could've been me.

I'm seeing a lot of nuts in here these days. Can we just turn it into a squirrel thread instead?

tumblr_mznsoc0HjI1sig16bo1_250.gif

Would improve the thread no end.

DJJw.gif

2 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

Woman

an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth

Female

1. of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

So to me, a

• trans woman is an adult human who lives and identifies as a person that can bear offspring...

I've just realised that on asking the what is a woman question,the leaders of the three biggest parties in England all give 3 different answers?  Is it any wonder people are scratching there head?

At least that's better than them scratching their nuts. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure, I'm just seeing if the OP will change the thread title to end the madness he/she's brought into the world.

Wow wow wow. Hold up.

Did...

Did you...

Did you just assume my gender?

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Wow wow wow. Hold up.

Did...

Did you...

Did you just assume my gender?

I have a vague memory of your preferred pronouns being She/Her but I wasn't sure, and who knows what's happened in your life since you started the thread? 😬 Would 'they' have been better? Anyway, back to the squirrels..

7 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

Woman

Female

So to me, a

I know.  How did we get to here. Madness.