Foundation of Hearts vs The Well society

9 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

The game at Tynecastle this season was defined and decided by 2 early and uncharacteristic errors from Kelly, after that there was nothing in it.

I always think it's dangerous solace to take from a game to say 'It was even after we went 2/3/4 goals down'.

The opposition have no reason to continue to show urgency and expend lots of energy once they are comfortably in front and the team trailing have to push on. It obviously changes the game when one team has a cushion.

Hearts winning that game was never in doubt from early on.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. The whole day. Not been at Tynecastle since the Rangers game. Looking forward to catching up with a few people and it's an interesting game.

So, it'll be a shite game, we'll lose, and my train will get cancelled.

Edited by VincentGuerin

57 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I always think it's dangerous solace to take from a game to say 'It was even after we went 2/3/4 goals down'.

The opposition have no reason to continue to show urgency and expend lots of energy once they are comfortably in front and the team trailing have to push on. It obviously changes the game when one team has a cushion.

Hearts winning that game was never in doubt from early on.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. The whole day. Not been at Tynecastle since the Rangers game. Looking forward to catching up with a few people and it's an interesting game.

So, it'll be a shite game, we'll lose, and my train will get cancelled.

I hear you.

I took no solace but we shot ourselves in the foot early on and against a good team away from home “that was that” as they say. 

If we can somehow get our first choice defenders all fit and in the starting 11 for a sustained run, and the new additions prove good enough to come in and help us kick on, I think we are more than capable of picking up a European place come the seasons end.

Tomorrow's going to be too soon for all of that to fall into place though,  I'm afraid. Won't  be a pumping, but expecting a fairly routine home win here. 2-0 Hearts.

The wind through here is absolutely ridiculous and only forecast to drop off a wee bit during the game. I'd really doubt it'd be off for wind as it hardly ever results in postponements but I hate watching games in these conditions, it completely ruins the game.

Yep - it's wild at the moment - I suppose Tynecastle is pretty enclosed compared so most grounds, so it might not be enough at pitch level to call it off. The only reason I could see the game being doubt is if the police think it's unsafe to travel. The wind certainly ruined our game against Hibs on Wed and it was a lot less than it is now...

32 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
3 hours ago, ropy said:
The trains are off, beers are in doubt unless I can persuade the wife to drop me off.

I'm on a train from Queen Street just now (with a beer) but the trains heading further north are all off and this train is running late with stops en route cancelled. Sun's out though.

I’ve made it through although no idea how to get back, will the trains be back on, bus to Stirling? Book a room? Train to Glasgow and back to Stirling?

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve made it through although no idea how to get back, will the trains be back on, bus to Stirling? Book a room? Train to Glasgow and back to Stirling?

Scotrail Twitter earlier had a list of stations they had replacement buses running to/from. Stirling to Edinburgh was amongst them so worth keeping a wee eye on there mate.

The info is in the pinned tweet.

Edited by 'WellDel
Additional info

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

Scotrail Twitter earlier had a list of stations they had replacement buses running to/from. Stirling to Edinburgh was amongst them so worth keeping a wee eye on there mate.

Ta, there will be options - the Mega Bus is £4 

5 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Harsh on Goss. Pleased to see the other changes.

Yeah, unless he's maybe just carrying a wee knock and benched for that. Looking forward to seeing what Shaw has to offer, and Tierney hopefully effective linking middle to front.