Hibs v Livi - 29/01/22

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The second an opposition player sees him coming they panic, another second and he's got the ball off them. Keeps it so well too, twisting and turning players inside out giving him plenty space to pass it. Gets better with each game too,  I'd just give him our PoTY right now.

He was absolutely superb, best player on the park by some distance

Omeonga is just far too good for this league, let alone us. Could very easily replace Kamara if Rangers sell him. 

At least he still has 18 months left on his deal but surely no chance he stays beyond the summer unless we end up in European football or something mental 

45 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Shoosh Atlis. He's too good for us.We know that. Couple of daysto go before that.Would love him to stay.The team showed today the fight is there to keep us up.If this squad can stay together thats gonna happen.

Yeah into a 3rd consecutive top 6 finish, not like you to be so bold Troy.:thumsup2

7 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Not sure I agree tbf, he had plenty of time to adjust, it wasn't drilled at him, it was a floating ball. He wasn't concentrating and it should have been an easy palm over the bar.

Massive wind coming from the right side of the pitch likely held that up. Looks bad but I think it's just very lucky from Cadden.

Excellent second half performance and scenes at Forrest's winner. What a game for my first one back in two years. Omeonga was a class above anyone else on the pitch.

I ended up going to this game today 

Livi well worth the win, Hibs absolutely guff the majority of that second half no real threat at all going forward 

Edit: Seven quid for a pie, chips and bovril 

Fantastic  value for money 

Edited by Clown Job

Brave post match interview from Stevenson.

Hibernian left-back Lewis Stevenson tells BBC Scotland: "In the first half I thought we were good, everything we worked on was going to plan. We conceded a sloppy goal again though and the second half just wasn’t good enough.

"Livingston probably did the dirty parts of the game better than we did and I think the tactics and the way we want to play goes out the window at times. You need to do the basics better, and Livingston definitely did that.

"They were by far the better team in the second half.

"They pressed us higher up the pitch and went man-for-man at times and we probably didn’t deal with it and we looked a bit spooked. Look, it’s not good enough."

That's an accurate assessment from Stevenson. Hibs play out from the back and second half they couldn't get out. They'll feel that was their own shortcomings but I'd say too that Livi are an unusually good pressing side. Alan Forrest was in the league top 10 for tackles won earlier in the season despite being an attacker. Then Holt, Omeonga and Pittman are pressing machines in the midfield.

7 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's an accurate assessment from Stevenson. Hibs play out from the back and second half they couldn't get out. They'll feel that was their own shortcomings but I'd say too that Livi are an unusually good pressing side. Alan Forrest was in the league top 10 for tackles won earlier in the season despite being an attacker. Then Holt, Omeonga and Pittman are pressing machines in the midfield.

Seems accurate but comes across like he's questioning the new managers tactics too. Probably heat of the moment stuff.

eric cartman singing GIF by South Park

One thing that seemed clear is that, despite trying to play a certain way, the players Maloney has brought it don't seem to fit it. Rocky Bushiri looked terrified of the ball at time, and it still leaves Porteous as the only one that can play out from the back. Cadden looked good however lacked the pace to exploit space in the second half. I thought Nisbet done ok, but it says a lot when he's dropping into a defensive mid position to get the ball. 

In terms of Livi, the Montano sub changed the game. Going from Bailly as a RWB at times to Bailly and Montano on the wings with Forrest, Nouble and Pittman in the middle was a brave decision from Martindale, and it's paid off. Longridge had a bit of a mare, so I'd imagine Penrice will come back in for Tuesday. 

I think there was many things that looked promising from yesterday but the goals we conceded were absolutely honking. Been fairly indifferent on Macey but after yesterday's display he's needing dropped. 

Sadly with the derby coming up its hardly a good time to hand Dabrowski his debut. 

6 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Seems accurate but comes across like he's questioning the new managers tactics too. Probably heat of the moment stuff.

eric cartman singing GIF by South Park

The stats pretty much tell the story of Maloney's game plan, much like John Hughes, where possession is key, playing it out from the back and going nowhere fast. Even when they broke on us it slowed down most of the time. Only time it looked like they could score 2nd half was when Nisbett took it himself and just ran at us.

Once we cut out their first half goal threat from the left wing (ours), bringing on Montano, and Omeonga going over there too, they were fecked. Their shots at goal to ours was pretty poor, which backs up the possession, going nowhere football tactics he's playing. It frustrated the shit out of me when Hughes was at Livi doing it. 

15 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Massive wind coming from the right side of the pitch likely held that up. Looks bad but I think it's just very lucky from Cadden.

Excellent second half performance and scenes at Forrest's winner. What a game for my first one back in two years. Omeonga was a class above anyone else on the pitch.

Would agree with that, looks bad when you see Stryjek caught out being a bit too near the front post, but you don't expect a cross like that being blown in towards the goal and floating over your head, a total freak goal. 

Yeah Forrest's last 2 games against Hibs he's been unplayable, if he can take that into the rest of our games this season he'll have plenty offers on the table.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER