Perfect Songs

Genuine Hibs Fan

On 17/02/2022 at 14:13, scottsdad said:

On 09/03/2022 at 12:16, Jimi Shandrix said:

An obvious choice. If you don't like this, you don't like music.

Two fucking fabulous choices. I’ll put this

As someone posted already, it’s pretty hard to define what makes a perfect song, but here’s my take.

Not even in my top 5 favourite songs by this particular act, but for me in terms of musicianship, lyrical content, storytelling and the influence this song has had on fans, the band itself, their peers and how incredible it is in a live setting - this has to be up there for perfection; certainly in the heavy metal genre at least: 

Edited by 8MileBU

This song should have been a f*cking worldwide smash........David McAlmont's voice should have seen him become a megastar.........instead this is sort of half-a-brilliant-song.........McAlmont only wrote one verse and I think the production was a bit overwrought, but nevertheless a brilliant bit of pop, IMHO..........(music starts at 1m.08secs....)

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

As someone posted already, it’s pretty hard to define what makes a perfect song, but here’s my take.

Not even in my top 5 favourite songs by this particular act, but for me in terms of musicianship, lyrical content, storytelling and the influence this song has had on fans, the band itself, their peers and how incredible it is in a live setting - this has to be up there for perfection; certainly in the heavy metal genre at least: 

The original video for One is something to see.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

Weak Become Heroes is my favourite tune from that album...

The whole album is full of crackers tbh. Stay Positive was mind blowingly relatable back in the day. 

"Rain taps on your window, always did tho, you just didn't hear it when things were so so"