Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

I'll be annoyed if we don't win (obviously), but we won't be scudding anyone. No-one really believes that, it's just expectation management.

We've been consistent results-wise this season but we don't really do scuddings and we've only taken 1 point from 12 in our away games against other top six teams. We also don't have a clue what our defence is going to look like with the Souttar situation still unresolved and Halkett out with no proper alternatives at the moment.

I love that Maloney seems like he could be a Cathroesque ineffectual dweeb but it's a derby so I'd expect the Hibs players to be up for it regardless.

Regarding a previous derby at Easter Road, I seem to remember there being a picture of a Hearts fan in full Sugar Puff monster garb. The result ended up going Hibs way and despite having a static mask the Sugar Puff monster looked rather annoyed.

I've tried finding pictures since but alas I've had little luck. Anyone got this lurking around?

Regarding a previous derby at Easter Road, I seem to remember there being a picture of a Hearts fan in full Sugar Puff monster garb. The result ended up going Hibs way and despite having a static mask the Sugar Puff monster looked rather annoyed.
I've tried finding pictures since but alas I've had little luck. Anyone got this lurking around?

I was intrigued so I did some Googling and it appears that the honey monster was seen at the last derby of our shared championship season. 12th April 2015.

There was a caption competition thread on hibs.net but the picture isn’t visible so the trail has ran cold for now

I’m not giving up yet though

Hibs won that derby 2-0 in 2015 to stay clear of Rangers on goal differences but given that hearts had already tied up the championship I wasn’t too upset

If I’d known that the absence of pictures of celebrations in the hearts end would come back to haunt me I’d have been more miffed