Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

We aren't proclaiming to be the better side by miles though.   Hearts haven't won a derby at the pink tip in 4 years either. 

You were the one that brought up derby records at Easter Road though weren't you?

Heading into this season with broadly the same squad that just achieved your highest league finish for 16 years and facing a newly-promoted Hearts team that were beaten by Brora the year before, is this how you thought it would turn out? Spinning a shite 0-0 draw at home as moral victory?

I'm pretty happy with how things are going to be honest.

On 01/02/2022 at 12:21, Kyle Reese said:

We are the better team, with better players in pretty much every position on the park. However, Hibs will be right up for it and at home, which can be a big leveler.

If HMFC play to the best of their ability, with energy and concentration, we will win, regardless of what Hibs do.

If Hibs play above themselves and HMFC are even a little bit off it, Hibs will win.

If Both teams are off it, it could go either way.

If both teams play to their best, HMFC will win.

Under Robbie Neilson we will shit the bed in derbies regardless of form - No penalty in a derby means not winning the derby under him.

Fixed that for you Bro'.   :)

Just now, DC92 said:

You were the one that brought up derby records at Easter Road though weren't you?

Heading into this season with broadly the same squad that just achieved your highest league finish for 16 years and facing a newly-promoted Hearts team that were beaten by Brora the year before, is this how you thought it would turn out? Spinning a shite 0-0 draw at home as moral victory?

I'm pretty happy with how things are going to be honest.

I brought up Robbie's record at Easter Road as a manager.

He's never won once.  

We sacked our manager the season was going that shite.  It's usually an indication when a club does that.  :)

There's no moral victory, no.  I'm happy enough with the result though all things considered.  I'm sure you'll be disappointed.  Maybe even a little seething ;) 

16 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fixed that for you Bro'.   :)

Ah! Sorry. Actually that’s fair enough. I mean we are, obviously, but the later parts of the post explain what happened quite well. Shall I quote them for you? Or shall I leave you to your impotent seethe? 😄

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I brought up Robbie's record at Easter Road as a manager.

He's never won once.  

We sacked our manager the season was going that shite.  It's usually an indication when a club does that.  :)

There's no moral victory, no.  I'm happy enough with the result though all things considered.  I'm sure you'll be disappointed.  Maybe even a little seething ;) 

The selective narrow-field stats of a supporter of a team who is depressingly familiar with getting pumped in the derby. Can you pull up the derby stats for when one of the back room staff liked Marmite? 🤣

I appreciate that lots of you lads are being trawled into the big net by @Hoose Rice - top trolling, but there is a rather decent point in among all the drivel.

You jambos seem to be very satisfied with your current league performance? And rightly I would say, you have the 3rd largest budget, and for a change the squad reflects that - which is positive.

However...............

In matches against what you might call "big" teams (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen) the caveman has a record of winning 1 out of 10 this season.

Allied to his lack of anything better than a point (ever) at Easter Road, the disquiet among the away fans at the end last night was understandable.

It rivals Jack Ross in the "cannae win big games" stakes.

Hearts are doing basically what we did in the league last season - beat all the shite and do nothing against good teams.

It will in all probability get you 3rd spot, but I can almost hear the starting motor on that plane.....................

Edited by Leith Green

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

The selective narrow-field stats of a supporter of a team who is depressingly familiar with getting pumped in the derby. Can you pull up the derby stats for when one of the back room staff liked Marmite? 🤣

I've genuinely no idea what you're on about now. 

“Ah ken we huv the worst derby record overall, the worst record at our own stadium, have never won a derby at Hampden, have never won a Cup Final derby, have the biggest defeat in a derby against our name but… “

😄

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I appreciate that lots of you lads are being trawled into the big net by @Hoose Rice - top trolling, but there is a rather decent point in among all the drivel.

You jambos seem to be very satisfied with your current league performance? And rightly I would say, you have the 3rd largest budget, and for a change the squad reflects that - which is positive.

However...............

In matches against what you might call "big" teams (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen) the caveman has a record of winning 1 out of 10 this season.

Allied to his lack of anything better than a point (ever) at Easter Road, the disquiet among the away fans at the end last night was understandable.

Hearts are doing basically what we did in the league last season - beat all the shite and do nothing against good teams.

It will in all probability get you 3rd spot, but I can almost hear the starting motor on that plane.....................

Seems a bit like bitter seethe to me, mate. I’m sure it can’t be though. 

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

However...............

It's a little too easy to give me credit for it but thanks.

Great post by the way and factual. They have got a historically better derby record overall though, I'm sure that helps when you get relegated twice in 6 years and go into admin while proclaiming to be the biggest team in the world while having the third biggest stadium in the city they play and that's a shit tip. :)

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Only thing I want to know, now that the dust has settled and the smoke cleared, is: are Hibs fans still celebrating their home draw? Some scenes last night. 🤣

Same kind of scenes as the previous derby at Tynie.

Probably a lot less of a celebration than the last time Robbie got a point at Easter Road too. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Same kind of scenes as the previous derby at Tynie.

Probably a lot less of a celebration than the last time Robbie got a point at Easter Road too. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It's a little too easy to give me credit for it but thanks.

Great post by the way and factual. They have got a historically better derby record overall though, I'm sure that helps when you get relegated twice in 6 years and go into admin while proclaiming to be the biggest team in the world while having the third biggest stadium in the city they play and that's a shit tip. :)

Angry Looney Tunes GIF

25 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Thread highlights 

hibs think they are getting pumped…

hibs get draw instead…

hibs celebrate draw.

thread ends.

Easy Tiger. 

You forgot Hibs fans seething for some unexplained reason.  It's even belated Chinese NY in my house tonight.

Thread ends where it began.