Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

From what I saw from Hearts fans in this thread there was a desire to capitalise on their current strength and our current weakness by handing out a doing, so in that regard avoiding it was a plus.

Frankly given I was at Cove and Livi recently it was just nice not to have the team booed for circa 90 minutes. I'll take that as a moral victory.

king of the hill GIF

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I appreciate that lots of you lads are being trawled into the big net by @Hoose Rice - top trolling, but there is a rather decent point in among all the drivel.

You jambos seem to be very satisfied with your current league performance? And rightly I would say, you have the 3rd largest budget, and for a change the squad reflects that - which is positive.

However...............

In matches against what you might call "big" teams (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen) the caveman has a record of winning 1 out of 10 this season.

Allied to his lack of anything better than a point (ever) at Easter Road, the disquiet among the away fans at the end last night was understandable.

It rivals Jack Ross in the "cannae win big games" stakes.

Hearts are doing basically what we did in the league last season - beat all the shite and do nothing against good teams.

It will in all probability get you 3rd spot, but I can almost hear the starting motor on that plane.....................

Did you consider that he might just be bad at posting?

Anyway, "Neilson is a shitebag who can't win big games" is already a well-trodden discussion point.

This season we've had 1 win and 3 defeats v Celtic and 1 draw and 1 defeat v Rangers. That is completely unremarkable for Hearts, if not slightly better than usual. We've been competitive in maybe all but one of those games and I don't think anyone else in the league has taken more points off them than us. They're just better teams by a margin.

3 draws and 1 defeat v Hibs and Aberdeen is fairly poor but could easily look quite different by the end of the season. We've beaten Motherwell twice and they're ahead of both.

Everyone knows he has limitations and our fortunes in the cup will decide a lot of the feeling towards him, but it'd be mental to be questioning his position just now. Consistently "beating the shite" isn't something to be taken for granted, as Hibs are finding out this season.

Mixed emotions - I was really worried about the defence with Souttar and Halkett missing and we know derbys are a lottery, whatever the form, so would have probably been happy with a draw beforehand. Particularly with a 12 point lead over Hibs in the bank.

However, Hearts were slightly the better team (of two very poor footballing teams on the day) and Craig Gordon had nothing to do whereas the Hibs keeper was man of the match. Obviously, two stonewall penalties as well. A win was achievable so slightly frustrated.

I thought the standard of play was really poor from both teams. Nobody in either team showed any composure and it was just punt and run all over the place. I think Hibs showed lots of impressive fight and aggression and I understand why they are taking positives from that perspective. Good intensity from both teams which made it a decent watch despite very few phases of good passing. Typical derby. An away draw to another top 6 team is never a disaster.