Queen's Park 1 Dumbarton 1

FFS. Was that Carswell who was robbed for the build up to the second? Ball should have blootered oot the park. We just don't have that magic spark, a player who can come up with a moment if brilliance. A Froxylias, or a Forbes even a Stevie Murray type.

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

Paddy Boyle again costing us a goal by coming too narrow

If Carswell had not been caught in possession then the ball would never have got near Boyle or the goalscorer.  We got ourselves back into the game against what has been an indifferent Queens side but the cheap goals we are conceding is becoming boring.  Mountain to climb if Queens score a third.

55 minutes ago, the snudge said:

FFS. Was that Carswell who was robbed for the build up to the second? Ball should have blootered oot the park. We just don't have that magic spark, a player who can come up with a moment if brilliance. A Froxylias, or a Forbes even a Stevie Murray type.

Totally agree. I think sacrificing Wylde for McKee or Wilson would help provide that wee bit of creative spark - although neither of those guys have set the Heather alight recently.

I didnt think there was much in that tbh, neither keeper had much to do. 1st half we deserved I think to be at least level and if it hadn't been for criminal defending from carswell and Boyle we would likely be coming away with a point! 

Frustrating thing for me was big josh hardly won a header all night, he was pretty much dominated by the QP defender.

At least it turned out more of a contest than looked possible after seven minutes, but it is still league defeat number thirteen.  We have a lack of cutting edge and an unfailing ability to concede poor goals, an unfortunate combination for a team in relegation trouble.

Well done Queens on winning the game. 

Fair play to QP for digging that out. I thought we deserved a point from that. We dug in and defended well aside from carswell making the wrong decision.

Positives for us was not throwing the towel in and generally defending better than usual. Buchanan didn't do anything stupid. Bronsky is solid. Hutchinson looks like a better balance with Carsy in there. 

Negatives are that Boyle is just not good enough. Perhaps Wylde is a better option. The pace shown by Queens Park just shows how out of his depth Boyle is. 

We never tested their keeper enough despite having the opportunities to. There's a lack of composure in front of goal and our decision making isn't good up top. A few times our players tried shooting when a simple pass to slide in an attacker was on. 

Overall it was a fairly decent game and the QP commentary team were good aswell. Called it pretty fairly, just the muffled noises were a bit annoying.