The Ayrshire derby

Wednesday night. The battle of David and Goliath. Ayrshire's finest team vs the upstarts from down south. 

The team who have won a Scottish cup and league cup in my lifetime, vs the team whose greatest result in the same era was putting us out the Scottish when we were defending champions only to soon follow suit - a meaningless victory still talked about as one of their greatest results. 

The 1965 league winners vs the team who have famously WON f**k ALL (AND NEVER WILL)

The home of the Kilmarnock Pie v the town whose idea of haute cuisine is frying the rat they found in a dumpster before eating it. 

Etc etc etc. 

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Wednesday night. The battle of David and Goliath. Ayrshire's finest team vs the upstarts from down south. 

The team who have won a Scottish cup and league cup in my lifetime, vs the team whose greatest result in the same era was putting us out the Scottish when we were defending champions only to soon follow suit - a meaningless victory still talked about as one of their greatest results. 

The 1965 league winners vs the team who have famously WON f**k ALL (AND NEVER WILL)

The home of the Kilmarnock Pie v the town whose idea of haute cuisine is frying the rat they found in a dumpster before eating it. 

Etc etc etc. 

Thats some effort I will give you that .

1 minute ago, killie paninaro said:

very well put 👏.  Lets put the soap dodgers back in there box again 

It's not often you come on here and see folk hoping to get beat so fair play. 

After a big disappointment in terms of result and performance on Friday - albeit the rest of the teams around us with the exception of Thistle having good results from our point of view - it's time to dust ourselves off from the north sea breeze of Gayfield and get right into our southern neighbours. I'm feeling reasonably confident that we'll continue our winning run in the derby, but Bullen will have Ayr right up for this.

It'll also be good to have a proper away support at this game too because as much as I enjoyed the last game at RP due to how poor Ayr played, it definitely lacked that bit of edge that an away support brings. Hoping for a strong Killie win to send the fans in the Chadwick home glum however.

Anyone know the script re vaccine passports? I’ve had my booster, but still within the 2 weeks so not technically fully vaccinated the now. Would have to do a LFT is needed so holding off on buying a ticket incase the worst was to happen and never see that money again :lol:

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Anyone know the script re vaccine passports? I’ve had my booster, but still within the 2 weeks so not technically fully vaccinated the now. Would have to do a LFT is needed so holding off on buying a ticket incase the worst was to happen and never see that money again :lol:

Your LFT is negative and you have to attend the game? 

Only changes I’d be tempted to make would be Baird, Rowe and Adeloye in for McGinty, Houston and McKenzie. Ashford off the right just to see if he can link up with Adeloye and Rowe doing a hell of a lot of running outside him to give us some width there.

Normally I’d say that a game against one of the teams near the top is a bit of a write off in our position but Killie are not a great team by any means and a win in a derby has the potential to kick our team on for the rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only changes I’d be tempted to make would be Baird, Rowe and Adeloye in for McGinty, Houston and McKenzie. Ashford off the right just to see if he can link up with Adeloye and Rowe doing a hell of a lot of running outside him to give us some width there.

Normally I’d say that a game against one of the teams near the top is a bit of a write off in our position but Killie are not a great team by any means and a win in a derby has the potential to kick our team on for the rest of the season.

You’ve more chance of Adeloye playing the 90 minutes in nets than Bullen not playing McGinty. 

1 minute ago, Calayrdonia said:

Yes it’s a derby, but the die-hards aside, a lot of football fans base their decision on attending matches on current form. We can’t win a game just now, we can’t even score. It’s not a one-off derby as normal either that comes along every few years. There are 4 this season. Add being in a relegation battle into the mix, the proposition of going to an away game against the league favourites who have the biggest and best squad, it’s hardly a surprise that our fans aren’t queuing up for a ticket. 

But it is. You weren't allowed into the first game at RP and this will probably be your last chance to see your team face their closest rivals on their own patch for a good few years. Go on, buy a ticket and come up and visit your neighbours one last time.

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

But it is. You weren't allowed into the first game at RP and this will probably be your last chance to see your team face their closest rivals on their own patch for a good few years. Go on, buy a ticket and come up and visit your neighbours one last time.

I already have. 
It WILL be the last time for a long time I reckon but I’m hardly looking forward to it and I don’t imagine too many others are either. That’s the issue.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Why, what ground at you playing at next season?