Aberdeen v Celtic

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

My experience of going to Catholic school is that it absolutely is a contributory factor to the sectarian problem in parts of Scotland. Telling me I'm a thick fucking idiot based on my own experience defeats your point. Am I lying? Whats staggering is people's refusal to even considered discussion on the issue. 

How many areas in Northern Europe have fierce football/sporting rivals that are so intrinsically linked to certain religions or sects in society? I dont think many people are calling for scrapping Catholic schools or that it would eradicate the problem, but to outright refuse to considered it a contributory factor is laughable. Thinking religion and education shouldnt be intertwined in a country with historical religious bigotry is nothing to do with "pandering to the sash playing swivel headed mutants".

Never said you’re lying, I said my experience was vastly different 

When I was at Catholic school, I was regularly abused for being one as soon as they seen my uniform and marching season was having to sit indoors while the “parade” passed so you could avoid being a target.

When I moved to a non dom, the abuse outside school stopped because of the uniform change, but it just moved to inside the school from fellow pupils instead because they knew where you had came from. 

When you have regular anti catholic marches in this country, to somehow try and put the blame on catholic schools merely existing as being part of the problem

Well that doesn’t fly with me 

I’ve said it plenty of times in the past… but the day we don’t have anti catholic marches in this country, is the day you can discuss catholic schools being phased out. 

Again though, this sort of discussion shouldn’t be anywhere near a Aberdeen V Celtic match thread, you need to be asking yourself why someone felt the need to bring up the place of work for the referee and how him being associated with Catholicism puts question marks on his appointments for Celtic games 

Cause you know, if I or any other Celtic fan here suggested an official who worked at a non don school as part of his day job…. Shouldn’t be involved in Celtic games, you’d rightly get tore into them for being so ridiculous 

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can’t agree. I sit it the RDS lower and thought it was a penalty at the time and have watched it a few times back today. O’Riley is running towards Ferguson, barely looks at the ball, and jumps into Ferguson with the ball miles over O’Riley’s head. Not sure how anyone can think that’s not a foul.

Didn't have good view of it last night tbh, but watching it back today I'm inclined to think joey is spot on here.

Zero attempt to play the ball. The last time he looks at it the balls still outside the box. 

Pelanty imo

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.980fdcd49333b17e5ed59087e849a57a.gif

Segragated schools are an absolute disgrace. Two kids who live on the street can go to seperate schools depending on their parents deluded religous beliefs. Thetefore the children grow up thinking their different from each other. That is scotlands real shame. If muslims were involved everyone would be kicking up a stink. Religion does nothing but divide.

12 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I agree in some respects - to get back to 2-2 and let that happen within a minute is just the ripple effect of the naivete of this AFC regime.

In terms of whether the goal should have stood or not, all I can go in is the hyper-intelligent Sportsound debate where both Willie Miller and Pat Bonner went out of their way to prove their impartiality, by saying "Good Goal" and "No Goal" respectively.

Not sure if we've had any comments from posters here that have trained as referees in terms of the ruling on whether player in an offside position, who looks like he's doing his best to be 'passive', inadvertently gets in the way of what looked a straightforward enough block that the defender (Bates) would likely have otherwise made?

It's an odd one for sure, If he stands and does nothing onside. If the ball hits him of side . if Bates barges into him is it a foul in the box and a penalty? 

I have sympathy for the officials on this. Firstly they have to see if he is on side. (he's off) then is active (he's not) then is he interfering in play (maybe's eye maybe's no) then is interfering in play in the first, second or subsequent phase of play (Is Jota past him when bates runs into him). I see this being on ask the ref in the Sunday post some time in the future. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I find the opposite.  I find Celtic fans are more respectful of other clubs and their fans.  Rangers fans are just seething messes who want every other club to go bust.  Even before the original Rangers died.  Also just my experience. 

In my personal experience, the Celtic fans I actually know are more obsessed with the ****, whilst being pretty respectful of other teams. Get upset if you let them know you hate them as much as you do Rangers though. **** generally have a more educated view on football, whilst getting themselves worked up about every team not called Celtic.

Facebook and twitter etc the **** are almost always a seething mess. I suppose that comes easily when there is a lot of them, along with anonymity or being sat behind a smartphone or keyboard.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

You’re making accusations without being able to back them up while claiming others are paranoid 

Chase an ambulance? You’ll need to explain that one to me, you’ve lost me

I'm not sure what you actually need him to do to prove the accusation? Get a loan of his season ticket?

4 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Didn't have good view of it last night tbh, but watching it back today I'm inclined to think joey is spot on here.

Zero attempt to play the ball. The last time he looks at it the balls still outside the box. 

Pelanty imo

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.980fdcd49333b17e5ed59087e849a57a.gif

Was right in front of me, I'm just off camera. Very minimal contact. Ferguson actually ducks, expecting there to be something more substantial IMO. I'd have been a seething mess if that was given against us.

As for the third, folk say Bates runs in to Abada. Perhaps, but there is literally nowhere for Bates to go when he turns. Abada is stood offside, making no attempt to get back onside. Clever play. Offside all day for me.

5 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Segragated schools are an absolute disgrace. Two kids who live on the street can go to seperate schools depending on their parents deluded religous beliefs. Thetefore the children grow up thinking their different from each other. That is scotlands real shame. If muslims were involved everyone would be kicking up a stink. Religion does nothing but divide.

hahaha is this a serious viewpoint? What do you think they teach in Catholic schools? 

7 minutes ago, a1974h said:

Someone, not me because it would be too obvious, might make a joke about your own education. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not sure what you actually need him to do to prove the accusation? Get a loan of his season ticket?

If you’re going to make an accusation like that without any proof, I’m hardly going to just accept it

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request 

1 minute ago, a1974h said:

If two kids from the same street go to seperate schools of course that teaches the kids they are different. Its a fucking disgrace. 

The children next door moved back to their old school. Doesn't cause issue with my children or any others in the street.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

What evidence would you like him to provide?

Surely the same standard of evidence that he is asking for should apply to all referee allegiances... Beaton, Madden, Clancy etc are branded Rangers fans because... some random bloke on twitter said so.

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Very minimal contact. Ferguson actually ducks, expecting there to be something more substantial IMO. I'd have been a seething mess if that was given against us.

Surely the level of contact is irrelevant? tbh I'd have expected timothy to get that , shoe being on the other foot. Imagine it occurred late in a Glasgow derby. The fucking UN would be sending peacekeepers, mutants on phone-ins for weeks etc 

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Does anyone have an opinion on two kids from the same street attending separate schools?

I went to Linksfield, the guy across from me went to St Machar. He was a right c**t; ergo, religious schools are the breeding ground of c***s (i'll concede my theory is based on a rather small sample size)

✌️