Aberdeen v Celtic

12 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

It's 2022, why are we bringing make believe into sport and schools? 

Why's it being brought into an Aberdeen match forum more like...one of the (very) small benefits of being a Dandie is not having to nose through this garbage on a regular basis.  

Oh well...back to the club thread it is then...

9 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Why's it being brought into an Aberdeen match forum more like...one of the (very) small benefits of being a Dandie is not having to nose through this garbage on a regular basis.  

Oh well...back to the club thread it is then...

I’m pretty sure it was a ‘Dandie’ who started this shit regarding Collum and his occupation.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I’m pretty sure it was a ‘Dandie’ who started this shit regarding Collum and his occupation.

Fair enough...I thought it had turned when someone got called a 'swivel headed sectarian mutant'. I mean, wtf 🤣 But I could be wrong. The whole thing just bores me...I was enjoying the cut and thrust of the childish jibing over the third goal and Jota's foul/offside.

...now this pish 🙄

7 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Fair enough...I thought it had turned when someone got called a 'swivel headed sectarian mutant'. I mean, wtf 🤣 But I could be wrong. The whole thing just bores me...I was enjoying the cut and thrust of the childish jibing over the third goal and Jota's foul/offside.

...now this pish 🙄

I didn’t see that comment to be fair ha. I don’t mind speaking about it in the right relevant thread but usually our match threads sadly descend in to referee conspiracy’s or bigotry, or both. More often than not it’s an opposition fan that kicks it off but we all pile on to it to be fair.

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Just ponder on the fact that the above example of slanderous spittle flecked invective was in response to the mere suggestion that in 2022 maybe, just maybe, we could educate our young people together regardless of their skin colour, their parents religious beliefs or non-beliefs. In response to the mere suggestion that parhaps, if Catholicism , Presbyterianism, Judaism, Islam, Atheism etc etc learned in the same classroom and played in the same playground then maybe the 'mutants' would have less of an audience for their vile hatred and ignorance.  Idealistic nonsense I know but what is so wrong about discussing it ?  Why does the mere suggestion unleash such anger in people ? I wish I got it but I don't and it really depresses me about our country.

Hiya Gerald Manley Hopkins, Hiya pal.

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I didn’t see that comment to be fair ha. I don’t mind speaking about it in the right relevant thread but usually our match threads sadly descend in to referee conspiracy’s or bigotry, or both. More often than not it’s an opposition fan that kicks it off but we all pile on to it to be fair.

33 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Opposition fans fault. Suppose it's the opposition that sing the IRA songs as well 🤣😂 victim FC.

Minds me of your blue twin - it was Millwall and Chelsea fans guv..while starting another riot.

I was clearly talking about (and replying to) match threads on here not the general behaviour of fans away from here.

Edited by gannonball

22 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The answer that he is unwilling to give is, if this is actually the case then of course it’s not fair. If it’s not true then it’s fine.

Correct answer.

And yes, it is true.

His mob are the first to whine when known **** are officiating the **** (rightly). 

But it’s ok for a Tim to officiate the ****.

As I said, only in Scotland. 

So took this from the FA site bolded the relevant section. and paste it here. 

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision 

By a strict interpretation Abada did not prevent Hedges from playing the ball, might have prevented him from being able to play the ball but probably not, and was not clearly obstructing his line of vision. Not sure if this makes it clearer or not. 

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

• second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

In situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12
  • a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
  • an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

Offences and sanctions

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play.

An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside. A player who deliberately leaves the field of play and re-enters without the referee’s permission and is not penalised for offside and gains an advantage, must be cautioned.

If an attacking player remains stationary between the goalposts and inside the goal as the ball enters the goal, a goal must be awarded unless the player commits an offside offence or Law 12 offence in which case play is restarted with an indirect or direct free kick.

15 minutes ago, gudge1903 said:

Should pass that rulebook around season ticket holders of both arse cheeks incase they may be needed to referee or run the line for a game involving their own club. It happens often in Scotland. Strathclyde must be the epicenter for worldwide officiating

You mean the government region that was abolished over 25 years ago?