Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, I’ve been watching that.
Can you explain how such a drop will affect domestic supplies, if at all.

I find this all a bit baffling!

I tried searching the impact but the Ofgem website almost gave me an aneurusm. The price should be around 45% based on the supply costs but they only revisit the price every 3 months which is prone to manic fluctuations.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/energy-data-and-research/data-portal/wholesale-market-indicators

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Russia's sending 9000 troops to "help protect Belarus borders against Ukraine and NATO". Wonder if the real threat to Lukashenko is internal?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/belarus-says-host-just-under-9000-russian-troops-2022-10-16/

19 hours ago, beefybake said:

On what evidence do you wonder that ?

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing specific, just that there's zero chance of Ukraine or Poland invading Belarus, so what are they there for? He's so paranoid about the opposition that he ordered a Ryanair jet overflying Belarus to be brought down so he could arrest a young journalist. Maybe some of the military aren't happy about the support they're giving Russia against Ukraine? Just idle speculation...

P.S.