Doonhamers vs. Red Lichties

I love Scotty Stewart he’s great but he’s an industrious winger too he’s up and down working hard getting forward and I think he’s really improved his balls into the box this season he’s cutting it back a lot and picking out players but he’s not really a creative tricky guy. He comes back a lot and he’s great at what he does but when you’re needing a goal I think we need to go for it a bit more and put a proper attacking option out the other side 

Going to draw a lot more games if we keep playing the way we are without Nicky in the side 

I have a feeling that, with the missing players and tough recent schedule, that we were setup for a draw yesterday, hence the conservative lineup. Also taking into consideration the “new manager bounce” for Queens, I think a draw was a pretty decent result.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s absolutely crazy to me that we played so much of that game yesterday with Luke Donnelly and Davie Gold centre midfield

I cannot see why in a game like yesterday Bobby cannot get on the park until he’s brought on as a late substitution. We were crying out for a creative spark without Nicky Low.

extremely frustrating stuff that  

Bobby for Donnelly substitution, should have been made at halftime, gotta love big Luke, but he had no clue what he was doing in centre mid

Luke has looked really good at times when he comes on, particularly in home games. He is probably just not good enough to start in games at the top end of this league, not his fault. Also think he is a very easy scapegoat at times. Linn and Hilson did absolutely nothing when they came on against Hamilton the other week and That was for a good half hour. 

The fringe players need to show more when they come on like Gold did yesterday. 

On 20/02/2022 at 15:13, Tattie36 said:

I have a feeling that, with the missing players and tough recent schedule, that we were setup for a draw yesterday, hence the conservative lineup. Also taking into consideration the “new manager bounce” for Queens, I think a draw was a pretty decent result.

Tell you what if you can come away with draws in your off days, thats the sign of league winning team. The worry is the size of your squad, and injuries to a few players can be devastating. From what I see you had no Low, Jack Hamilton and Chris Hamilton! Add to that no Nouble and Dowds who would of played if still there, that is some result.
I would not be surprised if Your smart management team come up with a good  loan signing  before the end of the month.

The big chances weren't as big misses as I thought. Wighton did have more time but he was a bit off balance tbf. Fitzpatrick probably did the right thing cutting back* rather than shoot straight away and was unlucky the defender got back really well. It wasn't the blue jersey onslaught I remember either, Arbroath did have a couple back. Roy was off balance as well when he shot and I thought the whole goal was open for McKechnie but if he had hit it further left the other defender looks like he might have blocked it anyway.

Good to see us create as many really good chances anyway.

* If he had decided to shoot. You could argue he should have slipped it in to Cameron.