Doonhamers vs. Red Lichties

22 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

We need a change in midfield.
I’d go -
Stewart, Henderson, McKenna, Craigen

Low a second half sub.

Boys our best player and it’s an Astro Park. He gets about too he’s clever

McKenna and Low could easily play in there. McKenna is box to box he can get back and help out when we’ve no got it 

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Stewart McKenna Hamilton Craigen for me. 
Low hasn’t looked fit since he returned.

Low hasn't looked fit, played 85 minutes on his return against Raith, best player on the park, he plays, here is a controversial thought, McKenna plays in the hole behind Jack Hamilton, Wighton comes off the bench

And don’t see why we need to go with a set in stone holding midfield player. Again maybe if it was Killie away or another team where were sitting in more but it’s bottom of the league

Both our wide men (If bobby not playing) are very good defensively and up and down all game and so is Mikey 

JT gets forward a lot but Hammy doesn’t 

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I completely miss what people see in James Craigen tbh, decent set piece on him but doesn’t offer enough to start games for me, especially not out wide.D

Don't want to comment too much on how he's been at Arbroath but from the TV games he seems the same player we had,  solid 7/10.  Better on the ball but will comfortably work out of possession.  

He doesn't have the spark of linn etc but When DC has built a career on dependable boys craigen fits the mould perfectably.  

Edited by parsforlife

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Don't want to comment too much on how he's been at Arbroath but from the TV games he seems the same player we had,  solid 7/10.  Better on the ball but will comfortably work out of possession.  

He doesn't have the spark linn etc but When DC has built a career on dependable boys craigen fits the mould perfectably.  

Yeah this is my take he’s steady and reliable 

Excited for this today. Bring it on

25 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Feel like this might be a banana skin for Arbroath today despite the relative quality of both sides - weird things can happen in new managers' first games. 

Every game is. There’s not much difference between any of the teams at all. Watched Killie Dunfermline last week and Kyle Lafferty was the only thing that changed that game and Efe Ambrose being fucking hopeless 

All the teams in the bottom half have strengthened, maybe Queens aside but now there’s been a manager change that’ll improve them too no doubt 

Also don’t usually like plastic parks but they’re fucking great on away days where you see pitch inspections are happening all over the country 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And don’t see why we need to go with a set in stone holding midfield player. Again maybe if it was Killie away or another team where were sitting in more but it’s bottom of the league

Both our wide men (If bobby not playing) are very good defensively and up and down all game and so is Mikey 

JT gets forward a lot but Hammy doesn’t 

JT does get forward a lot, that's because Stewart can cover for him, we don't have that on the left

Low is our best player and should be playing in the middle of the park. I agree wee hammy hasn’t been great so either mckenna and low in the middle or sacrifice wighton and push mckenna forward. Would be harsh on either player but we’re very well off in the middle. McKenna and low both need to play and centrally imo

Not a bad day for the match, for February that is. Not a breath of wind, cloudy but dry and about 6° just now. Hopefully it stays that way all day. Hopefully this so-called "new manager bounce" thing works today but as we are QoS I won't be surprised if it doesn't. Safe journey ta all travelling down.