Heart of Midlothian v Saint Mirren, Scottish Cup 1/4 Final, ~12th March 2022

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

It all rides on this game for Hearts, they lose this and their season is over, I can’t see it sadly.
They’ve deservedly won all three games between the sides this season, they’re well above us in the league, they’ve just had the week off to focus on this while we had a gruelling 90 minutes away on a heavy pitch last night. Oh and they’re at home, which is much more an advantage in this no replay world we now live in than it was in the good old days.
All signs point to a comfortable win for the Jambos. It would certainly be an upset if we were to go to Tynecastle and end their season in their own backyard. Couldn’t happen it, could it? Nah.
3-0

I think we should have a deep enough squad to still have a decent lineup out, but not many teams could lose 7 players, including nailed on starters, and not struggle a bit.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

It all rides on this game for Hearts, they lose this and their season is over, I can’t see it sadly.
They’ve deservedly won all three games between the sides this season, they’re well above us in the league, they’ve just had the week off to focus on this while we had a gruelling 90 minutes away on a heavy pitch last night. Oh and they’re at home, which is much more an advantage in this no replay world we now live in than it was in the good old days.
All signs point to a comfortable win for the Jambos. It would certainly be an upset if we were to go to Tynecastle and end their season in their own backyard. Couldn’t happen it, could it? Nah.
3-0

I think it'll be closer than that, but I think ultimately Hearts will win it. I'm going for 2-1 Hearts, maybe after extra-time.

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

GMS is out mate.  

27 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I mean if we're going to lose to St Mirren over the season, it's going to be this game.

I really hope you're right. I don't see it myself. Wednesday's win aside we have been pretty poor recently.

4 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I mean if we're going to lose to St Mirren over the season, it's going to be this game.

I fear this. St Mirren looked awful against Dundee, though the best on the night. What could go wrong...?

Have got my ticket though and will enjoy being back at Tynie. Let's see McEneff do his stuff.

I'm confident not because we beat Dundee but it certainly boosts confidence.  I'm confident because St Mirren seem to beat Hearts in important games going back to the 80's. Cup semi's,  Cup finals , Relegation battles. Hearts will be favourite and rightly so being at home. Sorry lads Saints to win. 

42 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I'm confident not because we beat Dundee but it certainly boosts confidence.  I'm confident because St Mirren seem to beat Hearts in important games going back to the 80's. Cup semi's,  Cup finals , Relegation battles. Hearts will be favourite and rightly so being at home. Sorry lads Saints to win. 

This is a cup quarter, which obviously can't be an important game since we've won the last 3 of those then

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This is a cup quarter, which obviously can't be an important game since we've won the last 3 of those then

Be worried very worried the saints are coming  : ) . Anyway should be a end to end game personally I feel Saints will win this mate buzzing for it. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Smith said:

I really hope you're right. I don't see it myself. Wednesday's win aside we have been pretty poor recently.

I really hope I'm wrong, but as long as Celtic/Rangers (and they fucking better if we don't) go on to win the cup, I'll feel better about it with the guaranteed European football.

11 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I fear this. St Mirren looked awful against Dundee, though the best on the night. What could go wrong...?

Have got my ticket though and will enjoy being back at Tynie. Let's see McEneff do his stuff.

Still looking forward it. The day out and as important a game to watch as we have so far in terms of stakes.

Looking forward to be incandescently raging at 10 tomorrow tbqh.

11 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Be worried very worried the saints are coming  : ) . Anyway should be a end to end game personally I feel Saints will win this mate buzzing for it. 

If we were at full strength I'd be ultra confident but the injuries definitely make it a much harder prospect

20 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

If we were at full strength I'd be ultra confident but the injuries definitely make it a much harder prospect

Agreed. I think Neilson had finally cracked a working system there until that slew of injuries hit us, as we were starting to look consistent in the system over the last week. Looking further back however, his track record of subs and tinkering with lineups (although this one looks out of his hands) has me concerned for this one.

Despite the injuries Hearts have I have a feeling they'll still have enough to go through unfortunately. Saints were brutal against an utter shite Dundee in midweek and only a moment of brilliance got us the win. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong obviously.

Hearts were the better team a few weeks ago , but hopefully a lot of that was down to us being a man short for the majority of the game. That said, Tynecastle has rarely been a happy hunting ground for us. 

We're going to need a big improvement performance wise if we're to stand a chance. 

2-1 Saints , Ferguson, McGarvey.