Heart of Midlothian v Saint Mirren, Scottish Cup 1/4 Final, ~12th March 2022

The fact this game it will be live on the BBC spoils this a bit as it will negatively effect the attendance. Plus it will not be a Saturday 3 pm kick off.

Hopefully tickets will not be extortionate and both clubs will agree to no more than £15 for an adult ticket. However, if our current run of form continues I can see us taking a decent number to Tynecastle.

Funnily enough, we have one home game before the Cup game...and it's to Hearts. 

I think both teams are capable of progressing, but Hearts have got to be favourites.

Mon 'eh Saints! 😇 🏁

Think I’ll wait and see how things go in the intervening weeks, and in particular the away game in Paisley, before I make any bold predictions. Hopefully Halkett is back and up to speed by the time this comes around. Beni will have had a few more games by then as well. We are not overly inspiring just now, and we need to concentrate on maintaining (hopefully stretching) the gap to fourth place before this game. Wheels could still come off this season, so we need to give ourselves a shake and get back on the tools.

HHGH

image.png.30dd3ab48a166844c94f8765d215fe74.png

What a mental kick off time, i like it. Has there ever been a Saturday 7:45pm KO in Scottish Football before? I certainly don't remember it, not sure i'll remember this one either right enough 🍻

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

What a mental kick off time, i like it. Has there ever been a Saturday 7:45pm KO in Scottish Football before? I certainly don't remember it, not sure i'll remember this one either right enough 🍻

Dundee vs Motherwell in the 19/20 scottish cup was a Saturday 7.20pm kick off on the BBC.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Hearts v Celtic at start of season with limited crowd

Confirmation from the Scottish cup twitter about the dates

BBC Scotland for the Hearts vs St Mirren Game. BBC One Scotland for the Well Vs Hibs. Those are 2 different channels so make sure you are watching the right one if your not going to either match.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Great effort on the price.

You see, they do listen to us...

On 14/02/2022 at 23:38, AlbionSaint said:

The fact this game it will be live on the BBC spoils this a bit as it will negatively effect the attendance. Plus it will not be a Saturday 3 pm kick off.

Hopefully tickets will not be extortionate and both clubs will agree to no more than £15 for an adult ticket. However, if our current run of form continues I can see us taking a decent number to Tynecastle.

Funnily enough, we have one home game before the Cup game...and it's to Hearts. 

I think both teams are capable of progressing, but Hearts have got to be favourites.

Mon 'eh Saints! 😇 🏁

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping some of the injuries we sustained at the weekend aren’t too bad. Annoying timing as we looked as though we had finally clicked again after our poor spell. Any word on Devlin, GMS and Souttar?

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Gordon

Sibbick - Halkett - Kingsley - Halliday

McKay - Haring - Beni - Widdie rules

Simms - Boyce

Subs: Cheesy, Moore., McEneff, Any, c**t, Else, That, Isnae, Injurt. 

Atkinson should be fine apparently, Gino too.  The rest are either out or touch and go. On the assumption they don't make it I'd go:

Gordon
Atkinson Sibbick Halkett Kingsley
                Haring Beni
Ginnelly       Boyce         Mckay
                     Simms

Edited by Tony Wonder

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Unless you're Peter Haring or Josh Ginnely in which case it's what you've been waiting for

Sadly I am neither. I would quite like to be Peter Haring though, if you can arrange that for me? 

The three players I asked about are the ones that cause the most disruption to our play of unavailable, imo. He gets a lot of stick, but GMS looked like a new player v St Mirren and Aberdeen. No other player in the squad brings what Devlin does and I haven’t seen anything from Sibbick to suggest he is a good centrehalf, yet. 

Yes other players need to step up now. Could have done without all this happening at the same time though.

It all rides on this game for Hearts, they lose this and their season is over, I can’t see it sadly.
They’ve deservedly won all three games between the sides this season, they’re well above us in the league, they’ve just had the week off to focus on this while we had a gruelling 90 minutes away on a heavy pitch last night. Oh and they’re at home, which is much more an advantage in this no replay world we now live in than it was in the good old days.
All signs point to a comfortable win for the Jambos. It would certainly be an upset if we were to go to Tynecastle and end their season in their own backyard. Couldn’t happen it, could it? Nah.
3-0