Goal Songs/Songs in Stadiums

Maybe slightly swaying off topic, but it’s loosely related to stadium entertainment.

I think it was at the Rangers v Falkirk Scottish cup final in 2009, but the half time entertainment was a five a side match on the pitch between a team dressed in fruit costumes and a team dressed in vegetable costumes.

I really hope someone on here can corroborate this as I’m worried I completely imagined it. It was very surreal and odd.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Maybe slightly swaying off topic, but it’s loosely related to stadium entertainment.

I think it was at the Rangers v Falkirk Scottish cup final in 2009, but the half time entertainment was a five a side match on the pitch between a team dressed in fruit costumes and a team dressed in vegetable costumes.

I really hope someone on here can corroborate this as I’m worried I completely imagined it. It was very surreal and odd.

Don't do drugs.

On 20/02/2022 at 21:33, ropy said:

I have no idea if Motherwell play goal music.

Not currently.

But they do play Sandstorm as the teams come out. And if we win it's Twist And Shout (obviously) and Celebrate Good Times at the end. Or It Must Be Love otherwise.

On 26/02/2022 at 13:39, DA Baracus said:

Yup, Into The Valley. The club briefly changed it to 'Teenage Kicks' by The Undertones when Stephen Kenny was manager. Thankfully was changed back and remains to this day.

Also, Bluebell Polka is played at full time.

Local band and local heroes! 

My wife had a BIG [cough] birthday a couple of years back and someone [double cough] had asked the DJ to play "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner.

The guy refused because, and I quote, "it was a Rangers song".

I'm pretty sure Tina Turner never recorded this with a view to it becoming a sectarian anthem. I know its played at Ibrox but does that make it theirs?

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

My wife had a BIG [cough] birthday a couple of years back and someone [double cough] had asked the DJ to play "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner.

I'm pretty sure Tina Turner never recorded this with a view to it becoming a sectarian anthem. I know its played at Ibrox but does that make it theirs?

It doesn't make it theirs at all, although it is strongly connected now I guess.

Whenever I hear it, it brings me back to 1996 when we won the First Division and it was played at East End Park. Nobody was thinking about Rangers that day. 

22 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Tina Turner and her representatives don't like that Rangers use it, and they have stated as much. She doesn't like that a song she wrote with a good message of love at its core is b*****dised in to a song of hatred and intolerance. 

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It doesn't make it theirs at all, although it is strongly connected now I guess.

Whenever I hear it, it brings me back to 1996 when we won the First Division and it was played at East End Park. Nobody was thinking about Rangers that day. 

Is that a tune normally used for winning a trophy though? Never heard it being played in England after a cup/league win I dont think. Off the top of my head it’s usually we are the champions followed by a club song. 

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Is that a tune normally used for winning a trophy though? Never heard it being played in England after a cup/league win I dont think. Off the top of my head it’s usually we are the champions followed by a club song. 

Not sure, but I do associate with our team winning the league at that time and it's got sod all to do with Sevco. 

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Not sure, but I do associate with our team winning the league at that time and it's got sod all to do with Sevco. 

Fair enough, however as much as I think its a good song in Scotland it’s undeniably the first thing that would be associated with that song for most people when you hear it so would find it very strange to hear it another stadium for another team.

“Into these orange, apple, banana, melon and grape b*stards”

On 21/02/2022 at 10:12, AJF said:

I totally forgot about this until now, but there was a match a good few years ago where Celtic played a short snippet of music each time they got a corner. It was very bizarre.

On 24/02/2022 at 06:58, Stellaboz said:

Which club used to play some kind of trumpet/horn (easy!) Sound when they got a corner? Was either Killie, Livi or Celtic. Fucking embarrassing.

On 24/02/2022 at 21:15, ATLIS said:

Can't remember us doing it but it sounds absolutely embarrassing 

On 25/02/2022 at 15:01, LiviLion said:

I actually seem to remember that at Almondvale. Would have been back in like 2006, think I remember a wee tune before each corner.

I was 10 though so could well be talking shite.

On 25/02/2022 at 15:26, DA Baracus said:

I remember it and it was definitely Livingston.

When i was reading through this from the start i was going to mention this being played when we had a corner, was the cavalry charge, extremely cringe, esp when our corners usually came to nothing. 

Have no idea what gets played when we score goals, too busy celebrating to pay attention to the tannoy.

Can remember us playing the A team music as our players came out the tunnel, then put on Ken Dodd's 'we are the diddy men' for Celtic coming out, that didn't come back to bite us on the arse, nope.

Could play it now right enough, Celtic have yet to beat us at home, might happen on Sunday right enough so best to keep a low profile till after the game, then gloat like feck if we win/draw again.

On 01/03/2022 at 11:08, Durnford said:

Great songs ruined by their use by football teams would be a good thread IMO