weather watch

With the forecast for basically rain for the next two days will there be casualties with tomorrow nights games?  Looking for Darvel fans to see if our game will go ahead as your game was off Saturday.  

thanks 

Edited by beithboy

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

Has anyone got an update from Darvel whether the game is going ahead tonight the forecast is strong winds rain/thundersnow/lightning  

I’m just back from Newmilns and the weather is absolutely rotten over there.  Not too sure how Darvels park is for dealing with water but I would doubt any games on in East Ayrshire tonight unless it’s on 4G.

On 22/02/2022 at 12:01, beithboy said:

With the forecast for basically rain for the next two days will there be casualties with tomorrow nights games?  Looking for Darvel fans to see if our game will go ahead as your game was off Saturday.  

thanks 

I’d be amazed with weather the way it is if it’s on 

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

have heard the pitch is ok at moment but obviously the weather is bad.  Apparently the referee will make the decision when he arrives which is poor as our kit man will arrive probably before the ref 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

have heard the pitch is ok at moment but obviously the weather is bad.  Apparently the referee will make the decision when he arrives which is poor as our kit man will arrive probably before the ref 

Game is off, poor stuff not calling it off before now was obvious from early today the game would be off but letting the beith players and committee get down there and call it off an hour before game is a disgrace. 

Edited by beithboy

Game is off, poor stuff not calling it off before now was obvious from early today the game would be off but letting the beith players and committee get down there and calm it off an hour before game is a disgrace. 

The game was never going to be on shocking to call it off so late.

What happens if the West doesnt have a Champion by the time the East and South are finished their leagues?

Edited by drs

2 minutes ago, drs said:

What happens if the West doesnt have a Champion by the time the East and South are finished their leagues?

Who knows, but doubt we'll get to that point as the WOSFL will surely play Sat/Mon/Wed if needed, and even use other pitches.

Talbot's draw tonight means that it's now back in Darvel's hands if they win all of their games, though the fixture congestion is probably going to hinder them.

12 minutes ago, South Beach said:

With the ground being next to the river Irvine would it not have made sense to run the drainage into it?

problem is there is a big field between the park and the water and i went out a walk on sunday and the field was a lake which ive no seen before in my lifetime , im pretty sure the company who did the park will be wishing  they had never set foot in darvel as this could be a huge problem for them 

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

problem is there is a big field between the park and the water and i went out a walk on sunday and the field was a lake which ive no seen before in my lifetime , im pretty sure the company who did the park will be wishing  they had never set foot in darvel as this could be a huge problem for them 

4G incoming!!