Peterhead v Dumbarton

28 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

If we are lucky

14 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm impressed at your optimism that we won't finish bottom. Only six points in it as it stands.I couldn't properly see who it was that blazed it over the bar but my instinct was telling me it was Duthie.

A very good point. I should’ve said ‘at best’.

Edited by FifeSons

I've tended to give Fazz the benefit of the doubt, but I cant imagine any reason why we wouldn't have considered playing into a wind as strong as this and adapted our game to suit.  Last game here was into a wind tunnel and we've learned nothing from it.  That's on him.

That said, theres not been a good performance from any Sons player this far and everyone of them should have known what to expect from that ref.  No excuse for Paton either.

Fair play to Peterhead, they know the wind influences the game so they accept it and use it to their advantage.

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

It's got to the point we were spoiled having Aitken. 

Yeah, football fans are fickle when it comes to these things. Murray had even let things go stale before he left. Aitken most certainly had overstayed his welcome and Duffy went when he should have. This isn't an improvement but I'm not convinced the likes of Stevie Aitken would have us any better off.

His temperament and behaviour off the pitch was as much of a concern as the performances on it in the last year or two.

That being said, the pressure is well and truly on Faz now. Nowhere near good enough today. The better performances in January look very much to have been a bit of bounce from a couple of new signings. Very much like how we started the season before being found out and struggling with no plan B (or plan A in many cases).