St Johnstone vs Rangers , Wednesday 2 March, 2022

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness that transfer was a bizarre waste of time for all involved, he's been a perma-crock for years and you're not getting him long term, so what's that actual benefit instead of signing someone to develop?

T-shirt sales & media attention presumably.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

T-shirt sales & media attention presumably.

They've effectively become the Celtic side they dethroned. Van Bronckhorst is their Lennon.

Tactically unflexible, relies entirely on key players, prefers short term loanee fixes to long term planning. Never seen a Rangers side, even the shite ones, put in such a cowardly performance as that.

Very low expectations so I’m actually okay with our performance tonight after a shocking first 5 minutes.

Need to see the goal back as I thought Parish could have come, but it’s as much on the defence and the non-tracking midfield for me. A simple 1-2 took the lot of them out the game.  Parish wasn’t indecisive or dithering, he just made the decision not to come. He’s slow and maybe doesn’t fancy himself to get there.

Thought the response was excellent after that when we might have folded. We tried to keep the ball a lot of the time, and got in about them rather than one of those meek stand back and admire them performances we sometimes see against the OF.

Don’t think any of our players let themselves or the team down, Gallacher and Butterfield put in good performance and the defence was very good. We didn’t create enough, and second half we struggled to get in the final third, but when Cifti gets his sharpness back him and Hendry could be a very good partnership.
Hendry is an excellent striker, and if we don’t get him on a contract for next season then thats another major guck up by the club I’m afraid. 

Would have liked to have seen MOH on beside Hendry for 5-10 minutes instead of the safe, keep it tight choice of May on for Cifti.

Probably enjoyed it more than usual because I could barely hear the rangers fans sing all day as the young Saints lads sang the whole match and drowned them out for those in the east stand.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness that transfer was a bizarre waste of time for all involved, he's been a perma-crock for years and you're not getting him long term, so what's that actual benefit instead of signing someone to develop?

Not like me to agree with you, but here we have a breakout of harmony.

Bizarre decision by us.

The idea that our performance tonight was anything other than shocking sums up our season. We deserve to go down really, a shower of imposters with zero threat. Utter pish from saints tonight. The Sevco were a mile off playing well and we didn’t trouble them at all. Callum has fucked us. 

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Probably enjoyed it more than usual because I could barely hear the rangers fans sing all day as the young Saints lads sang the whole match and drowned them out for those in the east stand.

Tbf that's probably also due to the fact they didn't sing.

A wee Billy boys after the goal, a couple of chants about Celtic being paedos, some chants about a friendly, then mostly booing or silence.

Usually you concede an early goal v the OF and you end up humped with the away fans making it a bear pit. Everything about them seemed half arsed tonight.

2 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

The idea that our performance tonight was anything other than shocking sums up our season. We deserve to go down really, a shower of imposters with zero threat. Utter pish from saints tonight. The Sevco were a mile off playing well and we didn’t trouble them at all. Callum has fucked us. 

Tbf you can't expect to create many against a Rangers side content to sit in, tbh.

Players let us down a bit. Sang with some dreadful crosses from good areas, and we had a great opening when Hallberg tried his daft shot/cross. Crawford completely unmarked on the edge of the box, better pass and he's got a simple goal.

Thought a draw would have been fair, as don’t think either team deserved to win. It’s impressive we managed to only concede 1 with a free kick dummy in goal.  Thought Butterfield, Ciftci and McCart were poor. Thought Sang look lost when we changed early doors from a 3 to a 4. 

Crawford had a good game. Hendry was good until 60 minutes and tired/got kicked all over the pitch.

Thought ref wasn’t bad part from 1 really bad tackle from Bassey which he ignored on Butterfield. But expecting them to get 4 penalties and 2 reds for us and it not happening was a surprise after them crying all week.

Guess the outcome game.

Spoiler

Answer: Game continues around Crawford whos crumpled on the floor on the edge of our box and only ends when the ball goes out for a throw in. No card or warning for Tavernier.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess the outcome game.

Reveal hidden contents

Answer: Game continues around Crawford whos crumpled on the floor on the edge of our box and only ends when the ball goes out for a throw in. No card or warning for Tavernier.

That was right in front of me, and I thought it was a disgrace at the time, and Tavernier was lucky not to get at the very least a yellow. You could tell the way he walked over to apologise he knew it was a bad challenge.

9 minutes ago, Meesterrodriguez said:

What a lot of pish

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Half competent keeper and we could have potentially snuck a win there.

There's the optimism of the football fan right there.  I praised you (rightly) for your work rate but you got 1 shot of target.  It was never going to happen.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Never seen a Rangers side, even the shite ones, put in such a cowardly performance as that.

This is laughable hyperbole 😂

I’m under no illusions we were at our best, but let’s be honest, we seen the game out comfortably, restricting St Johnstone to pretty much nothing the whole second half.

But for a tight (correct) offside call and a brilliant Parish save, it would’ve been even more clear cut.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That was right in front of me, and I thought it was a disgrace at the time, and Tavernier was lucky not to get at the very least a yellow. You could tell the way he walked over to apologise he knew it was a bad challenge.

I think everyone apart from the officials saw it was a shocker.

Stop the game while a player whos just had his ankle snapped and is screaming about in agony? Nah

Stop the game because Morelos is squatting down rubbing his eye? Absolutely!

1 minute ago, AJF said:

This is laughable hyperbole 😂

I’m under no illusions we were at our best, but let’s be honest, we seen the game out comfortably, restricting St Johnstone to pretty much nothing the whole second half.

But for a tight (correct) offside call and a brilliant Parish save, it would’ve been even more clear cut.

We comfortably have the worst attack in the country and lost 3-1 to Ross County at the weekend who could've bagged about 5.

Rangers deciding to "see the game out" is cowardly for an Old Firm side. Theres no coincidence you regularly chuck away winning positions under GVB, and will continue to do so, when thats how he reacts to going ahead.

Quite why you're claiming we were lucky we didn't concede an offside goal is beyond me though 😂 Maybe if he wasn't offside he wouldn't have been in 5 yards of space in the box...