Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

Had to miss the game, but watched it on Alba at my auld Ma's - our best performance for some time, surely.

Despite the disallowed goal and the missed saved pen, Goodwin had the look of a guy who knew his side had been well beaten.

My auld Ma was laughing at Goodwin's appearance, which is quite cruel, but then women can be cruel - even yer ma.

Is Goodwin trying to look like a Greek philosopher?

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Had to miss the game, but watched it on Alba at my auld Ma's - our best performance for some time, surely.

Despite the disallowed goal and the missed saved pen, Goodwin had the look of a guy who knew his side had been well beaten.

My auld Ma was laughing at Goodwin's appearance, which is quite cruel, but then women can be cruel - even yer ma.

Yes, the great Shitatgoatees.

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

As seen elsewhere: Goodwin = Naewin

11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ferguson definitely gets caught, I’m actually surprised it was given as it looks like a dive because he delays going down half a second. 

He obviously does go down himself but he was caught, no doubt about it. 

on the commentary they mentioned our goal might have been disallowed for offside but don’t really get that either. 

The fact that he delays going down is the key. I think it's pretty clear there is contact, but that's not a foul. It's not that he was being impeded and decided to go down to bring it to the referee's attention, he was touched to no effect and took a second to decide to throw himself to the floor.

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably a wider debate as I thought the United boy ‘dived’ on Saturday but at the same time it was a definite penalty as bates is pulling his shirt needlessly as he was going nowhere. 

This incident is a bit different. It was a stupid foul, but I think it's quite clear Bates was impeding his opponent unfairly (if pointlessly). This goes into the category I mentioned above of going down to make sure the ref knows you're being fouled.

Ferguson wasn't fouled. The fact that he kept his balance and moved his foot of his own volition shows this.

Surprised Neilson went so hard on it, but he was basically correct.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

The fact that he delays going down is the key. I think it's pretty clear there is contact, but that's not a foul. It's not that he was being impeded and decided to go down to bring it to the referee's attention, he was touched to no effect and took a second to decide to throw himself to the floor.

This incident is a bit different. It was a stupid foul, but I think it's quite clear Bates was impeding his opponent unfairly (if pointlessly). This goes into the category I mentioned above of going down to make sure the ref knows you're being fouled.

Ferguson wasn't fouled. The fact that he kept his balance and moved his foot of his own volition shows this.

Surprised Neilson went so hard on it, but he was basically correct.

It’s really not worth arguing over endlessly. 

To me he’s made the most of being clipped, to you he’s dived. It’s made absolutely no difference to the game. 

Right or wrong, neilson is a total welt. 

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, it's this or talking to the missus. So, f**k you.

Ok, in the spirit of goodwill. 

Atkinson absolutely cleaned him out and neilson is a deluded fuckwit if he thinks it was a dive. Red card and pen all day long, the anti Aberdeen conspiracy continues. 

Hopefully it’s a transitional stage and he’ll go full Gandalf

I was a bit pished last night post match, so I might have got a bit carried away over the penalty.

I still think it's 100% a dive as he's gone over because he's felt a touch, not because the touch has happened.

The Aberdeen disallowed goal comes into the extremely soft category imo.  Although any Aberdeen fan arguing that slight contact is a foul can't really complain about it being disallowed by that logic

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Although any Aberdeen fan arguing that slight contact is a foul can't really complain about it being disallowed by that logic

How long have you been following football? 5 minutes?

20 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I still think it's 100% a dive as he's gone over because he's felt a touch, not because the touch has happened.

Dundee United's penalty at Pittodrie on Saturday was similar. Harkes dives because he feels the wee shirt tug, not that it was enough to send him tumbling in the manner he did.

At least Goodwin didn't feel the need to come out and pish his knickers about that. This was strange behaviour from Hearts hall of famer Neilson, given the dominant performance of his team on the night, despite the mystery disallowed goal incident.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Dundee United's penalty at Pittodrie on Saturday was similar. Harkes dives because he feels the wee shirt tug, not that it was enough to send him tumbling in the manner he did.

At least Goodwin didn't feel the need to come out and pish his knickers about that. This was strange behaviour from Hearts hall of famer Neilson, given the dominant performance of his team on the night, despite the mystery disallowed goal incident.

Perhaps if managers came out more often and had a go at the cheaters this would help reduce the number of these incidents.

Earlier in the season Goodwin was quoted as saying people in the game need to "name and shame" players who dive after Hibs got a soft penalty against St Mirren. Now he thinks Neilson is out of order for doing exactly that.

Who'd have thunk managers are hypocritical b*****ds.