Killie v Rovers - Diddy Cup Semi

£20 at the gate made this one an easy miss. I quite enjoy a midweek away game, but with everything that's gone on it didn't take much to make the decision to stay home for this one. 

Selfishly, I really hope we win this one because I've got a wedding on the Saturday of the final weekend, and we're supposed to be playing the Pars at East End. Presumably the final will be played on the Sunday, and I'd be able to get to that, and the rearranged derby.

On its own merits, aye, not overly bothered either way. It'd be nice for John McGlynn to finally get a team to a final, because he's won three semi-finals previously and never made it to the final, but I fear that if we do win tonight, it might mean the unleashing of World War Three. 

On its own merits, aye, not overly bothered either way. It'd be nice for John McGlynn to finally get a team to a final, because he's won three semi-finals previously and never made it to the final, but I fear that if we do win tonight, it might mean the unleashing of World War Three. 

It did cross my mind. Either a sacking or WW3 seems certain if we win tonight.

I’m not especially bothered if we do win or not, but a final with Queens could be a good day out depending on where it’s played. I think we’ll win because it’s very Raith Rovers to do so, while going through a dreadful run in the league. The smart money is on us to progress here and lose on Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

It did cross my mind. Either a sacking or WW3 seems certain if we win tonight.

I’m not especially bothered if we do win or not, but a final with Queens could be a good day out depending on where it’s played. I think we’ll win because it’s very Raith Rovers to do so, while going through a dreadful run in the league. The smart money is on us to progress here and lose on Saturday.

It would definitely have vibes of Grant Murray era Rovers, where we could seemingly never buy a league win and then miraculously put on a performance in a cup tie before reverting to type for the next league match.

Brad Spencer and Ethan Ross back on the bench, which is great to see, and McGlynn has learned from the back three debacle last time at Rugby Park and has kept the same starting setup as Saturday. 

There were positive signs on Saturday so I don't think there's a huge amount wrong with that. Another 90 minutes without a goal though and I think we need to try two strikers to see if they can shake something loose. 

If either team is clinical they could score a few tonight, by the look of it. Very open game. We’ve wasted a fair few good breaks already in addition to the great save from Zanatta, and I’m not sure how Killie conspired to not score their one-on-one.

Just now, Against The Machine said:

SHORT CORNER 

To expand a little - that's yet another one that hasn't resulted in the ball actually entering the box before we lose possession. 

I'm not against short corners on principle. You can use them to change the angle for a cross, or to find an alternative route into the box if you don't think you're going to win your headers, but we routinely do absolutely f**k all with them. 

You've got Christophe Berra who's in the top three most natural headers of the ball in the division, and you're making him run an extra 100 yards there and back for absolutely no reason. Utterly maddening. 

Just now, Paco said:

I do like how quickly the Killie fans got on Naismith’s back, and how dreadful he’s been ever since. Terrified of the ball coming near him.

And how the one time he did find his man, Armstrong made a complete hash of it.