ICT vs Arbroath

14 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Sadly that has been coming. I’ve lost count of how many games Ricky has made point saving goal line clearances. It was always going to be hard when Nouble left. Nicky Low made such a difference so let’s hope he stays fit.

Have the feeling that, we are now like every other team that Nicky Low has played for, absolutely terrific in the games he plays, unfortunately he just doesn't play enough games

20 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I'd be fucking raging if I was an Arbroath fan listening to Rab Douglas go on about "our season was about staying up, anything else is a bonus" on the radio.

In fact, quite the reverse.  Tend to prefer comments from coaching staff that are accurate rather than b…sh.. - same applies to opposing managers.  Expectations were low at the start and, while we can all dream (and talk is cheap), I think we are all delighted at how things have been turning out.  I’ve actually been getting a bit irritated at occasional, inevitable loose talk recently about achieving more when the team/management have so harmoniously bought into the ‘one game at a time’ approach.which has stood us in good stead thus far.  Believing some of the hype is asking for a fall.  Still plenty of the season left in a league that’s become so tight so we need to keep the focus and regain a bit of momentum for potential playoffs and see where that takes us.  
Incidentally, surely Boris Johnston has lent mindless boosterism such a bad name that would warn others off.?

Edited by Farflung

20 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I'd be fucking raging if I was an Arbroath fan listening to Rab Douglas go on about "our season was about staying up, anything else is a bonus" on the radio.

No as raging as the other teams in the league should be

Excellent result and one that will hopefully see Dodds reduce the amount of time we fire the ball into the air. We played had some very nice, crisp passing moves at times, like the second goal, which were wonderful to see after weeks of the ball being shelled vaguely in the direction of Mckay and hoping for the best. After some really quite clinical finishing from us it was a shame to see us return to the more direct approach as I felt we lost our way a little after that.

I was surprised at how "Route One" Arbroath were. We seemed to deal with their endless long balls pretty well for the most part. I felt our defence was largely untroubled except for Broadfoot making a horses arse of dealing with a clearance and almost letting Arbroath snatch a goal back. IIRC he was hooked not long after and Duffy did well in his place.

Sutherland also performed well in the slightly odd, for him, right midfield slot. He worked tirelessly again and deserves praise for his efforts. I also think Mckay showed his class yet again and McAlear continues to show real promise as he dominated the middle of the pitch for large spells. Carson also looked like his old self which is nice to see in the week that Michael Gardyne was searching for his own name on social media and liking Tweets from County fans calling him "Agent Gardyne".

Gaston will be having nightmares about the third goal. He looked really poor and Arbroath in general looked pretty tired. Perhaps it is to be expected that, cliché alert, a part time team would start to tire at this stage of the season after all their efforts. Smashing away support in the away end from the Smokies. Best of the season given the relative size of their club. Looked to be about 300 odd at a minimum.

On to the next one!

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Excellent result and one that will hopefully see Dodds reduce the amount of time we fire the ball into the air. We played had some very nice, crisp passing moves at times, like the second goal, which were wonderful to see after weeks of the ball being shelled vaguely in the direction of Mckay and hoping for the best. After some really quite clinical finishing from us it was a shame to see us return to the more direct approach as I felt we lost our way a little after that.

I was surprised at how "Route One" Arbroath were. We seemed to deal with their endless long balls pretty well for the most part. I felt our defence was largely untroubled except for Broadfoot making a horses arse of dealing with a clearance and almost letting Arbroath snatch a goal back. IIRC he was hooked not long after and Duffy did well in his place.

Sutherland also performed well in the slightly odd, for him, right midfield slot. He worked tirelessly again and deserves praise for his efforts. I also think Mckay showed his class yet again and McAlear continues to show real promise as he dominated the middle of the pitch for large spells. Carson also looked like his old self which is nice to see in the week that Michael Gardyne was searching for his own name on social media and liking Tweets from County fans calling him "Agent Gardyne".

Gaston will be having nightmares about the third goal. He looked really poor and Arbroath in general looked pretty tired. Perhaps it is to be expected that, cliché alert, a part time team would start to tire at this stage of the season after all their efforts. Smashing away support in the away end from the Smokies. Best of the season given the relative size of their club. Looked to be about 300 odd at a minimum.

On to the next one!

'Tweet something like...'

Aye I was saying to you at the game I don't remember Arbroath being so route one in our previous games.  Thankfully Devine, and later Duffy, were solid and saw them off time and again.

On 14/03/2022 at 08:57, TheScarf said:

'Tweet something like...'

Aye I was saying to you at the game I don't remember Arbroath being so route one in our previous games.  Thankfully Devine, and later Duffy, were solid and saw them off time and again.

We may have been as route one but Nouble and Dowds were much better at winning their battles and keeping the ball up there, so our defence was seeing far less of the ball.

Sorry to hijack for advice...

Heading up for the Killie game and making a family weekend of it. Staying central and wondering about the local transport. Seeing online about a bus from the bus station 45 mins before ko and back after the game. Also a bus from the club on Greig St. Just me and my 11 yr old - best option? Would we get in to the club for a cola 😉?

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Sorry to hijack for advice...

Heading up for the Killie game and making a family weekend of it. Staying central and wondering about the local transport. Seeing online about a bus from the bus station 45 mins before ko and back after the game. Also a bus from the club on Greig St. Just me and my 11 yr old - best option? Would we get in to the club for a cola 😉?

You'll certainly get into the club and you'll also be able to purchase a return ticket for the bus.

It's years since I have been in the club so this next bit is less certain...

I think kids might be welcome in the function room if not the bar.