Scott Brown retires

49 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Has anyone ever done something similar to this in the past? It is just so Hibsy. Are you getting him anything to commemorate him leaving Aberdeen? A nice Argos decanter or something? 🤣

In general the diets on this thread haven’t shown themselves up too well, but you have a fair point here. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sorry, I’m being unfair. You said you were an Executive of a well know tele-communications company in the level 9 pay bracket. Apologies.

No you aren’t being unfair but you are making that up and making a bit of a c**t of yourself doing it.

You may wish to go read that post again and see what i really said 

😂😂😂😉

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know what you said ya fanny. I’m taking the pish.

No what you were doing is trying to be a wee bit snide. People who are taking the pish don’t just make things up and suggest it’s something you said.

That’s just weird behaviour, genuinely who does that? 😂🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jinky67

He was a very good player at SPL level, often found wanting at International and European level, but still put in the odd decent game there. Always a bit of 'what if ?' would he have been better if he had went down south, or played further forward for longer ? Turned into the archetypal 'player you love to have on your team and hate if he plays against you'. Won a shitload of medals, but that comes with caveats, would he be in the top 10 Scottish players of the 21st century ? Not sure.

Still boiling industrial amounts of piss in people which counts for something.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No what you were doing is trying to be a wee bit snide. People who are taking the pish don’t just make things up and suggest it’s something you said.

Snide - not heard that for years. Have a green dot for good use of vocabulary.

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You forgot a bit.

12 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

So it was an award for doing well at a rival? 😄

it’s just the most ‘Hibs’ thing ever to be honest. 

What? Showing a bit of class and recognition to a player who was playing his last game for Celtic and was at Hibs for years having came through our ranks from when he was a kid.

I realise showing class is something that's usually beyond your club but there you go.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Don’t even need to have played for Hearts….

image.thumb.jpeg.d52c386aa0369793ff6edf1bc76f95a1.jpeg

That was a Beamer. I think I’m in the minority in that I wasn’t particularly happy about that at the time, but a practical joke is not the same as presenting an opposition player an award for leaving the rival club he had spent over a decade with before moving to another rival. 😄

19 minutes ago, AndyM said:

What? Showing a bit of class and recognition to a player who was playing his last game for Celtic and was at Hibs for years having came through our ranks from when he was a kid.

I realise showing class is something that's usually beyond your club but there you go.

Apologies… THIS is now the most Hibs thing I’ve ever seen. 😄

What did you get Kenny Miller when he left Rangers? A Hibs mug? 

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I call someone a c**t on this forum and you all walk on by, i call Broony a legend and it’s raining red dots.

The level of seethe is amusing

No, any 'seethe' which you may detect on your 'Celtic Paranoiameter', is due to your all too typical Old Firm arrogance in demanding that all of Scottish football and its myriad fan bases accept 'Broony' as 'a legend' when he is no more than a 'Celtic legend' and, it has to be repeated, a fairly minor one at that when set against the great and the good that have graced Parkhead since the end of the nineteenth century.

Just accept that just sometimes the Old Firm do not get to dictate to the rest of Scotland who and who isn't 'a legend' and move on.

Decent player he was. No more than that. 

I can understand the legend status dished out by the great swathes of unwashed but you have to take their simplistic views with a pinch of salt. They think 'winning' the league every (other) year is some great achievement instead instead of the clear as day indication of just what a non competitive two horse charade it is :rolleyes:  

24 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Decent player he was. No more than that. 

I can understand the legend status dished out by the great swathes of unwashed but you have to take their simplistic views with a pinch of salt. They think 'winning' the league every (other) year is some great achievement instead instead of the clear as day indication of just what a non competitive two horse charade it is :rolleyes:  

Its funny seeing comments like this, because you’ll see people complaining we don’t celebrate our success enough apparently