Montrose vs Cove

Short journey down the road for Cove on Saturday as they take on the Mighty Mo at Links Park. Forecast is for a balmy 11 degrees, blue skies and light wind; summer has come early! Last encounter at LP the wind was whipping at a rate of knots and ruined the game partly. Score ended 0-0, the wind was the winner that day although Cove were lucky to escape with a point.

Mo will be without Gardyne and Cammy Ballantyne; both were shown second yellows at Balmoor. Cove could be without maurading left back Harry Milne if his appeal is unsuccessful. Only injury concerns for us will be Ryan Strachan who's missed the majority of games in the last few months with ACL troubles.

Cove come into this match having scored 9 in their last 2 games and are 19 unbeaten in the league. Even with this run the gap at the top is just 5 points and that could easily be overturned in the remaining few games. Will be a tough ask to collect 3 points as Mo are notoriously strong at home. Undefeated at home in their last 11 going back to a loss against Alloa in Mid-September. Also leagues tightest defence having only conceded 25 in 29 games.

Mitch and Rory are looking sharp in front of goal but their chances will be limited against the above stated stellar defence.

If we have Harry available along with Mitch and Rory firing we could perhaps get the win. Really tight to call, could go either way.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Could be a good game this....Fancy Montrose to win this one and end their crap home form.Pretty even games so far this year,Cove are a good side league table proves that but a think we can win this one.

5 minutes ago, watdeadlyone said:

Also Mo without Quinn serving 2nd match of his ban.

Will be a makeshift back four or may go 3-5-2.

Will take a draw right now

How will the defence look? Steeves-Dillion-Allan-? 

Do you have a replacement RB for Cammy B?

3 big losses for Montrose undoubtedly but still a tight unit who are well organised.

Sensationally Cove lose the appeal to have Harry Milne's red card rescinded. Video evidence clearly shows it coming off his chest/shoulder but deemed arm and he MISSES the Montrose game. I always thought a straight red was a 2 game suspension but obviously not.

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Sensationally Cove lose the appeal to have Harry Milne's red card rescinded. Video evidence clearly shows it coming off his chest/shoulder but deemed arm and he MISSES the Montrose game. I always thought a straight red was a 2 game suspension but obviously not.

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/03/16/milne-red-card-appeal-unsuccessful/

16 hours ago, mo83 said:

Mark Whatley can play RB or he might go for 3 at the back  and pack the midfield which I hope he does.

he looked unsteady the last time he was RB, wouldn't be surprised to see Webby as a wing back.  This will probably be a draw, a close game which shows there's little between the two teams, making it more infuriating that Cove are so far ahead of us

On 15/03/2022 at 17:04, CoveRangers1922 said:

Short journey down the road for Cove on Saturday as they take on the Mighty Mo at Links Park. Forecast is for a balmy 11 degrees, blue skies and light wind; summer has come early! Last encounter at LP the wind was whipping at a rate of knots and ruined the game partly. Score ended 0-0, the wind was the winner that day although Cove were lucky to escape with a point.

Mo will be without Gardyne and Cammy Ballantyne; both were shown second yellows at Balmoor. Cove could be without maurading left back Harry Milne if his appeal is unsuccessful. Only injury concerns for us will be Ryan Strachan who's missed the majority of games in the last few months with ACL troubles.

Cove come into this match having scored 9 in their last 2 games and are 19 unbeaten in the league. Even with this run the gap at the top is just 5 points and that could easily be overturned in the remaining few games. Will be a tough ask to collect 3 points as Mo are notoriously strong at home. Undefeated at home in their last 11 going back to a loss against Alloa in Mid-September. Also leagues tightest defence having only conceded 25 in 29 games.

Mitch and Rory are looking sharp in front of goal but their chances will be limited against the above stated stellar defence.

If we have Harry available along with Mitch and Rory firing we could perhaps get the win. Really tight to call, could go either way.

A noticed their Cove have 4 games away from home on the bounce respect if you get through this spell unscathed.

32 minutes ago, mo83 said:

A noticed their Cove have 4 games away from home on the bounce respect if you get through this spell unscathed.

Yeah; Mo, Airdrie, QP and then Falkirk. What a run, very interested to see how we fair. Unbeaten would be massive but very tough

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah; Mo, Airdrie, QP and then Falkirk. What a run, very interested to see how we fair. Unbeaten would be massive but very tough

How come it has landed up like that?Tough run indeed but you boys have done well so far.

13 hours ago, mo83 said:

How come it has landed up like that?Tough run indeed but you boys have done well so far.

Was meant to be Mo & Airdrie away and then QP at home before Falkirk away but something to do with Firhill or Partick's fixtures resulted in both clubs agreeing to switch the schedule around.

It's been some run so far, pressure still firmly on to keep it going.

Mo right there in the playoffs, very likely to play Airdrie or ourselves in the semis. That'll be some game. Very tense for both sets of supporters.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was meant to be Mo & Airdrie away and then QP at home before Falkirk away but something to do with Firhill or Partick's fixtures resulted in both clubs agreeing to switch the schedule around.

It's been some run so far, pressure still firmly on to keep it going.

Mo right there in the playoffs, very likely to play Airdire or ourselves in the semis. That'll be some game. Very tense for both sets of supporters.

I know you were upset about the chocolate tea cup appeals panel ( justified) but can I assume that is a spelling error rather than a prediction? 

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I know you were upset about the chocolate tea cup appeals panel ( justified) but can I assume that is a spelling error rather than a prediction? 

The part about Montrose possibly playing us in the semi final playoffs? I hope it doesn't happen obviously but it's certainly plausible. 

Our record against Mo is 2 draws and a narrow 1-0 win this season. Even if we manage to get the win on Saturday I envisage the title race going the distance.

Realistically 6-8 points out of the next 12 would be a decent tally given our fixtures. Good chance that might see the gap close. We'd hope for max points in the last 3 games of the season.

Impossible to predict and that's part of the reason we love the game and why it's so tense towards the final run in!

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

The part about Montrose possibly playing us in the semi final playoffs? I hope it doesn't happen obviously but it's certainly plausible. 

Our record against Mo is 2 draws and a narrow 1-0 win this season. Even if we manage to get the win on Saturday I envisage the title race going the distance.

Realistically 6-8 points out of the next 12 would be a decent tally given our fixtures. Good chance that might see the gap close. We'd hope for max points in the last 3 games of the season.

Impossible to predict and that's part of the reason we love the game and why it's so tense towards the final run in!

I just meant the Diamonds  appeared as "Airdire" in the later part.😀. I used to do a lot of proof reading. The rest of this post is as always , well put. Hope to be in a close position at next week's game. Best wishes.

10 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I just meant the Diamonds  appeared as "Airdire" in the later part.😀. I used to do a lot of proof reading. The rest of this post is as always , well put. Hope to be in a close position at next week's game. Best wishes.

Very well spotted, changed now! 

Definitely wil have one eye on the Airdrie score throughout Saturday afternoon. Expecting another 3 points for Diamonds, all the best.

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Very well spotted, changed now! 

Definitely wil have one eye on the Airdrie score throughout Saturday afternoon. Expecting another 3 points for Diamonds, all the best.

As will I on the Cove game. Remember the days before internet of transistors being listened to for updates.! Cheers.

Last week's win came at a price which we likely pay today. This can only go one of two ways - a gritty 0-0 with a patchwork team digging deep, or Cove's forwards will have a field day down the wings and go through us like a knife through butter, winning by 3 or 4. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the latter.

Cove start as per below today. As known, Harry Milne misses due to his failed red card appeal and Ryan Strachan's remains sidelined due to his ongoing ACL issues. Apart from that we field our strongest XI.

Harry is a huge miss but Scully will cover at LB. Logan, who came back against Clyde after 2 months out, plays again. Yule will favourably get to play centrally alongside Fyvie and Vigurs.

Screenshot_20220319-141858.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-142348.jpg