Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

Screengrabbed this from the BBC website. If Robinson actually said this then he can just fcuk off out of our club. First thing on Monday, without letting the door hit his arse on the way out. We weren’t in a relegation dogfight you kunt. We were comfortable, on a great unbeaten run, and looking forward to a cup quarter final at Tynecastle - you fcuking idiot.

7ED64CE1-41A1-4B60-BD32-3B6CE571615E.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Screengrabbed this from the BBC website. If Robinson actually said this then he can just fcuk off out of our club. First thing on Monday, without letting the door hit his arse on the way out. We weren’t in a relegation dogfight you kunt. We were comfortable, on a great unbeaten run, and looking forward to a cup quarter final at Tynecastle - you fcuking idiot.

7ED64CE1-41A1-4B60-BD32-3B6CE571615E.jpeg

Despite the fact the fact that I’m quoting a complete arsehole, got to agree 

Robinson has to go

Worse than Stubbs 

14 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed

Outside the old firm, Motherwell are obviously the depths of depravity

If Robinson gets us relegated then….. 

26,000 Saints fans there today I assume?

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

I can’t remember what Power was booked for but his challenge on O’Donnell should have been a second yellow.

Clattering Goss in the middle of the park. Had they not been about 5 minutes apart I think he would've gone.

Funny game. Felt very inevitable that Saints scored with their first attack but we didn't immediately start leathering the ball over the top and remarkably profited.

Team looked massively more balanced with Slattery, still work to do but we might just about get through this nonsense.

Dean Lyness absolutely stinks of Colin Doyle last season as well.

f**k me our defence is terrible. Almost every player contributed to a goal or a near goal. Watching SODs wondering how the f**k this guy has 26 Scotland caps. Evidenced in the 1st St Mirren goal and numerous other awful moments of play. 

Thankfully our forward players had their shooting boots on. That plus a dodgy St Mirren keeper meant we won in the end quite comfortably. 

Again the officiating was awful. Power should easily have had a 2nd yellow. Possibly a red for the initial tackle.The linesman on the East stand side was utter shite. The worst yet and there is actually quite a lot of competition for that award this season.

A great win and long overdue but not entirely confident we will make top 6. 

3 hours ago, fat_tony said:

Very much this for me. I think he's a good defender, reads the game well and makes a lot of good tackles and blocks, but he's not someone you want to be spending time with the ball at his feet.

Said this weeks ago about him, decent defender but f**k giving him the ball.

Robinson is making a right pigs ear of the end of this season. Being in a dogfight 3 weeks ago comment is ridiculous. When we are down his go to tactic is to throw on more strikers, can’t recall it working once only makes us even more susceptible to conceding. The only time I can remember him making a sub to help influence the game was at Dundee.
The pressure will be on the first couple games of the post split, better pray he gets the diddies of the league to allow us to get a win early doors.   

Also, Tait is pish. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

Come in to a team with lots of confidence and destroy it by telling players they aren’t that good and won’t be getting new deals.

When he took over at Motherwell there was a real sense of "jings, he's not fucking about" with the number of players he released and how quickly he dealt with it. I'm sure a fair few were still under contract. It was welcome, as we had a bloated squad with loads of dross. I can't recall any of that chat being prior to the end of the season though. 

12 minutes ago, CoF said:

When he took over at Motherwell there was a real sense of "jings, he's not fucking about" with the number of players he released and how quickly he dealt with it. I'm sure a fair few were still under contract. It was welcome, as we had a bloated squad with loads of dross. I can't recall any of that chat being prior to the end of the season though. 

Not the best way to go about your business. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

26,000 Saints fans there today I assume?

The fact that we lost today doesn’t change the fact that there were more Saints fans in Fir Park in 1977 than have  ever been Motherwell fans since - not indeed fans of any club

if you know history 

If that were my club, I’d be ashamed 😉

Motherwell v St Mirren

Scottish Cup 4th round 1977

The fact is that there were more St Mirren fans in Fir Park that day than there have *ever* been Motherwell fans or indeed fans of any club 

If I were a Motherwell fan I’d be embarrassed at they fact

indeed, I’d be ashamed