Airdrie v Cove - Diamonds Do or Die

2 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

Very sad to hear fans minding their own buisness being attacked. 

Their will be fighting at football, pubs, night clubs etc as long as groups of young men who have been drinking are gather at them. Cctv, camera phones and anything else won't stop it. Growing up will stop the individuals though. 

This is the headlines we dont need, aye it was  hard to take a late late goal, if's and buts all over this season, one thing for sure we have the best team we have had in years, let's show them that next week at East Fife, 3points at stake just the same, 

14 hours ago, Ballboy said:

Why was masson not given more game time?   I thought he's been a stand out anytime I've seen him.   We have definitely improved as a team leaps and bounds from even how we were at Christmas but I expected more from cove.   

He got injured last season against Rangers at Ibrox and was out for 4 months. He hasn't looked the same player since. 

He used to play LW when we setup 4-4-2. Now we've adopted 3-5-2 and Harry and Shay are the wide players.

He's out of contract in June. Doubtful that he'll get an extension. If he wants game time I think he needs to be looking elsewhere. I think Peterhead would be a next step.

Airdrie definitely looking far more the finished article. Cove without either main striker look a lesser proposition

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Club confirm attendance as 2,125, while SPFL shows 1,650. 

That's more like it,   well done to the club for attracting fans of both clubs to the game and a special thanks to the debutant,  the big orange thing in the sky,  Summer fitb a debate surely....

17 hours ago, Mr November said:

Airdrie certainly seemed content to let Morgyn Neill have the ball at times but pressed aggressively whenever Reynolds or Ross were on the ball. It worked well early on but whether it was tiredness or a change in tactics, we seemed reluctant to press high up as the game went on. 

I know you’re not a fan but I kept forgetting Vigurs was on the pitch today. He’s good on the ball but really lacks mobility. Agnew does a similar job for us and perhaps I notice it more because it’s for Airdrie but I feel he’s far more involved in recycling possession and covering defensively. Yule was probably Cove’s biggest threat, constantly finding space and driving forward from midfield. Scully wasn’t really in the game but seemed to be there solely to man mark Easton, which worked to some extent.

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Morgyn's distribution isn't his strength it must be said! The high press that first 20 minutes was clear and effective for the Diamonds. We lacked composure under that pressure, especially at CB.

Vigurs lack of mobility really frustrates me. He's there to sit in front of our defence, collect the ball and play the initial pass forward. Glorified quarterback and I don't think that's a luxury we can afford to have. He's never subbed. PH resistance on playing him and seeing him as indispensable could be a downfall next season. We need all our CM's to have pace and energy.

Agnew I thought had a very solid match yesterday. Easton especially has terrific feet and ghosted past challenges at times. Smith full of endeavour.

Blair creates space and is box to box. If only he could finish. 1 league goal in 3 seasons I think.

Given Easton's extended GIRFUY to QP fans when he scored the previous week in a fairly nothing game, I can only titter at any complaints from Airdrie fans at celebrations after Cove's last minute leveller that might win them the league.

That said, I'd have preferred a home win as we can't seem to lay a glove on Airdrie whereas we seem to cope fairly well with Cove, whom we play on Sunday. If we make the play offs, I'd definitely prefer to play Cove.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Given Easton's extended GIRFUY to QP fans when he scored the previous week in a fairly nothing game, I can only titter at any complaints from Airdrie fans at celebrations after Cove's last minute leveller that might win them the league.

That said, I'd have preferred a home win as we can't seem to lay a glove on Airdrie whereas we seem to cope fairly well with Cove, whom we play on Sunday. If we make the play offs, I'd definitely prefer to play Cove.

Agree with you entirely, it's all part of the game, w in or lose,   has Easton got any previous with yourselves,  he has scored a good few this season and never reacted like that....

Interested  to see how QP will do in the next few years,  is championship the target or higher,     you seem pretty committed to the youth setup,  most clubs struggle financially after a season or two,  hopefully QP can buck the trend...

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We have all been on the receiving end of celebrations from other teams and dished it out plenty too.  My reason for the moan about the reaction of the Cove bench was more like the goalie coach and the guy next to him who ended up gettin pushed up the tunnel by the stewards was the gestures to little boys next to the dug out.    Like I said we have all dished it out but this was a bit different.   The goalie coach was actually giving it the come on then to some lads about 10.    That being said their was no need for what happened outside the away end after this should never happen at any game never mind an airdrie game.