Saturday 9th April 2022 15:00 Celtic v St Johnstone Scottish Premiership

On 05/04/2022 at 12:53, akuram said:

Do you think we should rest Calum Hendry for the important next five games?

Crossed my mind earlier, but do you drop a player in good form and high in confidence? If Kane was fit then there’s probably a more compelling case for doing so. Ultimately depends how bad the knock picked up on Saturday is 

Do international viewers of Saints TV get a stream of this? I can't remember what the situation is any more.

Anyway ....

Clark

Rooney Mahon Gordon McCart  Booth

Hallberg   Davidson      

Crawford    

Hendry    Ciftci   

Ciftci starts on the basis that according to Eric in the Courier he's not pish. It's doing it's job as a newspaper, as this is indeed news to me. Surely Cleary can't be starting with stitches in his foot? Suppose it depends where on the foot and how bad the injury is. 

Might just be able to grind out a draw here. I'm going 1-1 with the same result in the St Mirren and Dundee games. 

An unfortunate fixture for potentially two of our starting defenders to be out injured. Hell of a tough match, where we’ll likely be under constant pressure, for two players who’ve not played much having  to start.

Booth looked miles off it when he came on last week. And Mahon has only played 20 minutes or so since joining in January, so who knows how sharp he will be?

We do like to sit back and defend, which is maybe in our favour, but we don’t keep the ball in midfield or in forward areas very well so there might not be much respite from the pressure. 

Could potentially see Middleton start for a bit of pace on the counter attack, with Cifti dropping out. Not sure this is a game for Hallberg either, but then there’s no obvious choice for who we’d bring in for him. 

Think we have a 2 week break after this, so Hendry has to start if he’s fit; don’t think it’s fair to leave him out and watching him kick and wind up the Celtic defenders and entitled supporters might be the only highlight for Saints fans.

I’m going through to this and I haven’t a clue why.

17 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Where’s best to park for this?

Good luck with that timescale! 

I go off at junction 2 (as opposed to 2A - always queues) and park at Tesco in Dalmarnock but that's a 20-25 minute walk, so pretty much out for you, unless you are alright with missing a few minutes. It's also great for getting away afterwards as you are straight back onto M74. 

For night games you can get in the estate behind the Emirates (you can't get in the car park there - it is stewarded) if you are early enough but, have to be honest and say, you aren't gonna get in there at 2:30pm on a sold-out Saturday. 

You can probably get further up the Dalmarnock Road than I do and off into some of the schemes but it'll be pot luck and there will obviously be pleasant little chaps looking for a payment. Hopefully inflation hasn't kicked in! 

I would stick with south side of the ground though as it is obviously right side for our end and from previous experience, it is gridlock to the east, west and north of the stadium.

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'll be in a yurt in Mongolia attending a yak-milking seminar for this so can't attend. 

Is it available via international Saints TV?

Not quite yaks milk but I actually drank horses milk once in a yurt in Mongolia, it tasted rank.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Good luck with that timescale! 

I go off at junction 2 (as opposed to 2A - always queues) and park at Tesco in Dalmarnock but that's a 20-25 minute walk, so pretty much out for you, unless you are alright with missing a few minutes. It's also great for getting away afterwards as you are straight back onto M74. 

For night games you can get in the estate behind the Emirates (you can't get in the car park there - it is stewarded) if you are early enough but, have to be honest and say, you aren't gonna get in there at 2:30pm on a sold-out Saturday. 

You can probably get further up the Dalmarnock Road than I do and off into some of the schemes but it'll be pot luck and there will obviously be pleasant little chaps looking for a payment. Hopefully inflation hasn't kicked in! 

I would stick with south side of the ground though as it is obviously right side for our end and from previous experience, it is gridlock to the east, west and north of the stadium.

Aye, it’s looking like a bit of a foot to the floor job and hope for the best - had expected to miss first portion of the game anyhow. 

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

We are defending alright but really worry about what we can do today when we are so bad with the ball.

Can the midfield make a few passes and get up in support of an attacker? Can said player hold it long enough to allow that? 

Get out of Parkhead without a hounding and hopefully the Arabs get a win.