Channel 4 Privatisation

Moomintroll

Am I the only one else a bit concerned what this might mean in terms of programming vs profit, can see it becoming an even shiter ITV as the PSB aspect is removed and it becomes a cash cow for someones mate?

Edited by Moomintroll

Yet another Tory shitshow.

Dorries didnt even know how it was funded when up in front of the parliamentary beaks the other week.  

They literally shit on their own doorstep all the time.

#torycunts

ETA Even some #torycunts think its a bad idea. Tells you all you need to know. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay
coz #torycunts

They'll have to take money out of content production to give whoever buys it a profit, probably Discovery, so UK content will be replaced with generic American shite. It's all about getting rid of C4 news which they see as far too independent.

Twenty years ago i'd have said this was terrible but for the last decade it's churned out nothing but second division reality shite and property programmes. 

On the other hand Kelvin McKenzie has been bumping his gums about how great it is, so it must be a terrible idea. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They'll have to take money out of content production to give whoever buys it a profit, probably Discovery, so UK content will be replaced with generic American shite. It's all about getting rid of C4 news which they see as far too independent.

This is absolutely what they're about here. One wee glimmer of hope is that Sky News have become a fair bit more critical in recent months. Not that it makes any difference to an electorate who actually looked at what these c***s had done to the country in a decade and thought, "aye, let's have a bit more of that".

This absolute shower of self serving shitcunts thst is the UK government will sell it to one of their mates for f**k all. Then these shameless wankstains will buy shares in it for next to nothing. The old girl will be stripped bare, their HQ is a big buying in Central London so that will be cashed in. 

The fact even an uber torycunt like Kirstie Allsopp is balking at this tells you all you need to know. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

They know they’re talking shite, but why does Channel 4 have to compete with Netflix and Amazon exactly?

So the entire planet can watch Embarrassing Bodies and Gogglebox presumably.

It's a very stupid idea from the government.  If they do want to get rid of Channel 4 News then they could just appoint a new head of Channel 4 who supports them.  Even if it was privatised I'd bet it would continue along the same model that it does now - I think it's profitable so why change it?  

Being honest, Channel 4 is like a lot of things in Britain, people like the idea of it more than the reality - everyone who is foaming about this decision has an idea of what Channel 4 is based on the 1980s and 90s when it produced genuinely innovative and different content.  It's not like that at all now, it's just filled with cheap shite telly, with occasional shots of people's genitals.  I don't think privatising it is going to change anything significantly about it, it will just annoy a lot of people.

It's a very stupid idea from the government.  If they do want to get rid of Channel 4 News then they could just appoint a new head of Channel 4 who supports them.  Even if it was privatised I'd bet it would continue along the same model that it does now - I think it's profitable so why change it?  

Being honest, Channel 4 is like a lot of things in Britain, people like the idea of it more than the reality - everyone who is foaming about this decision has an idea of what Channel 4 is based on the 1980s and 90s when it produced genuinely innovative and different content.  It's not like that at all now, it's just filled with cheap shite telly, with occasional shots of people's genitals.  I don't think privatising it is going to change anything significantly about it, it will just annoy a lot of people.
It does churn out some pish I agree, but C4 news is the only tv news I watch these days. Not perfect, but more objective than the govt fan boys and girls of the BBC.