Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

14 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Question for ya's, would you rather have a big game like this coming up at the weekend or a complete, mid-table dead rubber?

I'm erring towards a make or break possibly disastrous game over a nothing one. 

Oddly I'd always take being involved at either end of the table over meaningless. It comes with more anxiety but if you win/stay up it creates brilliant memories, feelings etc. If you lose/get relegated then I find it also brings a bit of togetherness at the club. Now obviously I'd rather be fighting for the title but I'm so looking forward to this weekends game, plus the two to follow because it matters so much.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'm surprised we went out or way to pay a fee for him when we did, but he's not a bad footballer. Very composed on the ball, was certainly better than we had at the time.

I was surprised anyone paid a fee for him. He looked like a competition winner when he was with us.

I was very critical of him a few weeks back, I think he has two poor performances against Hamilton and Arbroath that properly ripped my knitting, however he was Motm against Raith (imo) and against Morton and Partick he was very, very good. He's been coming onto a game and his composure on the ball is pretty vital. 

McGinty has turned in to Maldini in recent weeks. Been one of the few players getting us higher up the park. He has abandoned hoofing the ball at every opportunity and looks quite composed.

The goals on Saturday were caused by Reading being caught flat footed and Huston and Muirhead leaving the guy who scored for each other. 

Chalmers plays well in a team that accommodates him, we didn’t and made no attempt in 18 months to accommodate him. He also made no attempt to adapt and be a useful player for us. There was a comment from someone, maybe Duffy who described some of our players as uncoachable. I think Chalmers was one of them. He played defenders in midfield before him and not many people complained 

18 hours ago, rb123! said:

See away fans are getting shoved in that shitty corner of the North stand, one of the best bits about Dunfermline away is being high up in that stand behind the goal with the great view. 

No idea how many we'll take up for this. 

Piss view from in their TV gantry hides the goal but that could be a bonus for you lot, only big supports get behind the goal.

See away fans are getting shoved in that shitty corner of the North stand, one of the best bits about Dunfermline away is being high up in that stand behind the goal with the great view. 

Surprised at that. The view is fine and the lower ceiling and fewer seats helps make a better atmosphere. Often when teams Ayr’s size come to EEP and get put in the Cowden end behind the goal, they’ve brought enough to warrant being there but not enough to make a decent atmosphere, which requires about 1000 IMO.

How's Sleepy Joe been playing?

I think he’s slotted in quite well, especially during home games (like everyone else) he seems to have a clear role and does it well.

only big supports get behind the goal.

Ayr fans were regularly put in the Cowden end prior to covid.

26 minutes ago, smpar said:

Surprised at that. The view is fine and the lower ceiling and fewer seats helps make a better atmosphere. Often when teams Ayr’s size come to EEP and get put in the Cowden end behind the goal, they’ve brought enough to warrant being there but not enough to make a decent atmosphere, which requires about 1000 IMO.

I think he’s slotted in quite well, especially during home games (like everyone else) he seems to have a clear role and does it well.

Ayr fans were regularly put in the Cowden end prior to covid.

My experience of EEP is you never know where you are going, cup game a few years back we were in the main stand so in my last three visits I've been in an different area of the ground, I've even been in the home end in the early eighties when Killie away to east Fife was called off and we went to see the Pars v Motherwell we went up to the fence to give the well fans a bit of stick lol. Good luck Saturday love seeing the Ayr boys squirm.

McGinty has turned in to Maldini in recent weeks. Been one of the few players getting us higher up the park. He has abandoned hoofing the ball at every opportunity and looks quite composed.
The goals on Saturday were caused by Reading being caught flat footed and Huston and Muirhead leaving the guy who scored for each other. 

Chalmers plays well in a team that accommodates him, we didn’t and made no attempt in 18 months to accommodate him. He also made no attempt to adapt and be a useful player for us. There was a comment from someone, maybe Duffy who described some of our players as uncoachable. I think Chalmers was one of them. He played defenders in midfield before him and not many people complained 
He's even hit the edge of the 18 yard box and fired over a few decent crosses on the last few weeks, he's one player who had definitely improved with Bullen coming in.

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He's even hit the edge of the 18 yard box and fired over a few decent crosses on the last few weeks, he's one player who had definitely improved with Bullen coming in.

He's gone from being the worst player at the club to not even being the worst player in his position. 

Past 3 home games he's been decent. Looking for the ball and without being very creative, beings the more attacking players into play. Certainly helps although I think he's one of those that will look better with better players around him creating space in more dangerous areas.

Oddly I'd always take being involved at either end of the table over meaningless. It comes with more anxiety but if you win/stay up it creates brilliant memories, feelings etc. If you lose/get relegated then I find it also brings a bit of togetherness at the club. Now obviously I'd rather be fighting for the title but I'm so looking forward to this weekends game, plus the two to follow because it matters so much.
I agree with this.

Meaningful games all day long.

The North stand was a far better atmosphere than being in the stand behind the goals. Atmosphere at an away game is all about the banter/Chants between fans. You need to be near each other for this. Behind the goals at East End or Starks for that matter eliminates any sort of atmosphere between both sets of fans tbh.

10 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The North stand was a far better atmosphere than being in the stand behind the goals. Atmosphere at an away game is all about the banter/Chants between fans. You need to be near each other for this. Behind the goals at East End or Starks for that matter eliminates any sort of atmosphere between both sets of fans tbh.

Not getting beat probably helped when you were in the North Stand tbf.