Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

Didn’t deserve to lose that, however, when you don’t take your chances these things can happen. First half we were very good but fell too deep in the second. 
All down to the last 2 games with it hanging in the balance. I do think whoever finishes 9th will comfortably win the play offs though.

Sick as a fucking pig.

I know we missed numerous chances to make it 2 but Dunfermline, until the last 10-15 minutes, were shite, and I didn't see that total collapse coming at all.

McAdams has been good for us this season, no doubt, but he should have saved both goals without any question. Of course it would happen in this fixture.

Bar the 2 away days in 2022 at Ki**ie and ICT, this season has been an absolute living nightmare. Can't wait to see the back of it.

I can see us getting 2 draws in our last 2 games or a win and a defeat, don't think we will get any more than that.

If Dunfermline can get a win and a draw, it should see them 8th.

So am I right in saying, whoever finishes 9th plays just 2 matches (home and away) in the play off final?

3 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

So am I right in saying, whoever finishes 9th plays just 2 matches (home and away) in the play off final?

No. You first play a 'semi final' (2 legs) against 4th in League 1. If you lose that, you're relegated. Win it and you play a two legged final (against the winners of 2nd and 3rd in League 1). Lose that and you're down. Win and you stay up.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Sick as a fucking pig.

I know we missed numerous chances to make it 2 but Dunfermline, until the last 10-15 minutes, were shite, and I didn't see that total collapse coming at all.

McAdams has been good for us this season, no doubt, but he should have saved both goals without any question. Of course it would happen in this fixture.

Bar the 2 away days in 2022 at Ki**ie and ICT, this season has been an absolute living nightmare. Can't wait to see the back of it.

I can see us getting 2 draws in our last 2 games or a win and a defeat, don't think we will get any more than that.

If Dunfermline can get a win and a draw, it should see them 8th.

No 9th will play 4th and then a two legged final if you win the first game

Ah, so the privilege of playing just the final when you finish second bottom only applies to the big division then? Shocker.

Cheers for clearing that up. Two 2-legged ties sounds like absolute hell to me. One perhaps, but I wouldn't trust us to win both ties.

It couldn't get any fairer than the last 2 fixtures of the season to be honest. Both playing the same teams. One home and one away. 

Whatever the outcome, whoever finishes 8th will fully deserve it. Hope we can drag our sorry arses over the line for 8th, and then yous stay up in the play-offs.

Didn’t deserve to lose that, however, when you don’t take your chances these things can happen. First half we were very good but fell too deep in the second. 
All down to the last 2 games with it hanging in the balance. I do think whoever finishes 9th will comfortably win the play offs though.
This last sentence is insane logic.

Same with any Ayr fan that thinks we'll waltz down to Dumfries and best Queens next Saturday.

It's almost like you've never watched football play out before

I really can’t see Ayr not winning against Queens, so we probably need to go for the win the last two games of the season. In all honesty if we can somehow beat Partick I think we are as good as safe and can relax a little. Can’t see it happening as our away form is diabolical, it’s being played on a totty field, and the fact that Thistle are also playing for something. Thistle are shite though and can absolutely be beaten but with our away form it’s not very likely.

Imagine this comes down to how much either team can stick past Queens? [emoji28]

The problem for us as well is that in the play-offs the home game is meant to give you the advantage but our home form especially, has been fucking gash. Most teams would probably not be too disheartened at taking a draw, or even a one goal deficit into the second game at home, with the confident thinking that they could turn it round or kick on and win. If we were in that position, it would be terrifying needing to score 2 or more at home.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This last sentence is insane logic.

Same with any Ayr fan that thinks we'll waltz down to Dumfries and best Queens next Saturday.

It's almost like you've never watched football play out before

Not really that insane. I’ve seen enough promise from us over the past few weeks to think we are comfortably better the best league one can offer. I also think Dunfermline have enough as well.

Also did you watch that God awful Morton team comfortably win the play offs last season?

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Raith managed to lose a play-off semi to that illustrious Brechin side which went on to rack up 4 (FOUR) points the following season.

Absolutely no guarantee that 9th placed side stays up, which is why we're all trying to avoid it like the fucking plague.

No guarantees that’s for sure but both teams should be good enough. 

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

No guarantees that’s for sure but both teams should be good enough. 

Both sides *should* have enough, but:

- I really don't like the idea of having to play QP at Firhill in midweek. That pitch is a disaster.

- Airdrie are also in brilliant form and have lost one home game since August - and that was against Cove.

- Far more pressure on the 9th place side than those fighting for promotion

Not sure if we've ever had a successful play-off campaign before, so I think most Pars fans would struggle to get too cocky about it.

Not really that insane. I’ve seen enough promise from us over the past few weeks to think we are comfortably better the best league one can offer. I also think Dunfermline have enough as well.
Also did you watch that God awful Morton team comfortably win the play offs last season?
The difference is marginal, and when you look at how different we are when we're shit and when we're good - it's a 1 in n 4 chance for me.

Our best chance of survival is finishing above Dunfermline.