Thistle vs Pars

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I imagine we will play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 (attacking midfielder) and just hoof balls up to McCann for someone to play off it. There is no football going to get played on that mire at Firhill, so it's going to be a bit, erm, retro in terms of playing style.

4-4-2 makes the most sense if we are just going to bye-pass the midfield altogether tbh, which is what we should be doing. 

Stolarczyk

Todd
Ambrose
Donaldson (Martin if unfit)
Edwards

Lawless
Pybus
Polworth
Thomas

O'Hara
McCann

I actually like McCann in that role. He is a big nuisance and can bring others in to the game so long as there is someone beside him to pay off that. It was probably the main reason we won against Ayr last week. 

Not sure I would describe it as a mire now. It’s dry, bare and very bobbly. Not expecting any silky football to be played, mind you.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cole maybe played himself in to starting?

Aye for me in either Chalmers or Polworth position. Yogi's strange left/right balance thing tells me that Chalmers is going nowhere. Could see Cole being a bit more effective than Polworth but doubt anything will be changed after a win.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

I didn’t see the game, did Cole do anything other than score the free kick?

Not really, no. Don't think he is what's needed in the middle if we're going with a 4-4-2 tbh. 

I think it’s worth trying McCann and O’Hara together. Their individual attributes make for an effective partnership, and have both chipped in with a few important goals in recent weeks and months.

If Polworth isn’t playing, can we get a wee shot of Kyle Turner?

41 minutes ago, smpar said:

38 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not really, no. Don't think he is what's needed in the middle if we're going with a 4-4-2 tbh. 

Ah, it’s 2019 all over again.

55 minutes ago, smpar said:

I thought he was our best centre mid when he came on, good weight of pass and was trying to get things moving forward. I'd have him over Polworth. 

Cole and Todorov did nothing but score very important goals when they came on.

That was significantly more than almost any other Par did all afternoon though. Not sure it means either should suddenly start from nowhere in a massive game but we'll see what happens.

18 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Seen some folk banging on about him after the Raith game, but felt it was over-exaggerated praise. His other performances against ICT, Killie and Ayr on Saturday we're awful.

He'd have done well to impress you against Killie considering he didn't play with them being his parent club.

I think Cole COULD offer a wee flash of inspiration or quick thinking that could produce something. Don't think Chalmers has that in his locker. Hair is fabulous tho, like a pound shop Mulgrew. 

22 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I thought he was our best centre mid when he came on, good weight of pass and was trying to get things moving forward. I'd have him over Polworth. 

Agree with this. He tried to get the ball moving and did more in the 10 minutes that he was on the park than any of his team mates did in the previous 80. Couple of long range switches which didn't come off but at least he was trying to get things going rather than yet another 5 yard sideways pass. Probably deserves a start but the fact it's on the Firhill pitch might go against him in this instance.

I've not seen anything from Polworth or Chalmers since they've come in, couple of passengers floating about doing nothing of note every week.