Darvel FC Thread

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate with the cup run last year darvel with a wee bit savvie should have been set up for the next 3-5 years and been comfortable but 3 months into the next season we are having a fire sale , if what im hearing they got for fergie and  what they bought Moore for i know nothing about the game 🤦🏻‍♂️

Would they figures b 20 and the other 8

Interesting looking at the Darvel facebook page, for the first time fans seem to be demanding answers on what is going on. Surely pressure on the board to confirm to the fans what is happening? 

With star players away, out big Scottish and South Challenge, unrest within the dressing room, fans that were there when all was going good are no where to be seen, is the writing on the wall? 

Cut price player sales doesn't install confidence that the club are in a good financial position. Rumours continuing to circulate that the chairman is scrambling about trying to save club. How poorly has the club been run?

The defeat to Tranent in the play off was the start of it for me. If they went up that season, there is a chance they might have been in league two by now. 

Good cup run last year, but now out all the big cups this year. Will not win the league, it’s all went a bit stale for the money men involved. 

For the money spent in years gone by, to still be in this league is criminal. 

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Writing was on the wall bringing in a fannyspangle as manager.

I get some of you guys don’t like him but you have to show a wee bit of sympathy here to a man who took the job promised the earth in all probability and then a few months later he’s been told to get rid of players to reduce the wage bill , he must be wondering what’s he’s landed himself into 

24 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I get some of you guys don’t like him but you have to show a wee bit of sympathy here to a man who took the job promised the earth in all probability and then a few months later he’s been told to get rid of players to reduce the wage bill , he must be wondering what’s he’s landed himself into 

True but he should have done his due diligence and read this thread.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sox said:

Writing was on the wall bringing in a fannyspangle as manager.

Writing was on the wall when the man paying the wages left the club. The cup run would allow them to have money at the bank, but ultimately the club was built up by Kennedy. Gall has zero interest of putting his own hand in his pocket. 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Zero sympathy

Anyway, He will be fine, in his next interview he will have this all as an excuse, conveniently forgetting that when you were pumped out the cups you still had all these players. 

Getting put out the cup early doors was always going to effect the playing squad. Financially it was a disaster plus the fact the they were proved not up to it. Fergie was going to EK anyway and getting money for him was a bonus as he would have been able to sign a pre contract come January.I would expect more to follow. 

21 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Writing was on the wall when the man paying the wages left the club. The cup run would allow them to have money at the bank, but ultimately the club was built up by Kennedy. Gall has zero interest of putting his own hand in his pocket. 

MK will obviously always deny putting any of his own cash in but it does seem strange that EK now have a significantly higher wage bill. Have EK got any additional backers this year vs last season? 

48 minutes ago, trialist said:

MK will obviously always deny putting any of his own cash in but it does seem strange that EK now have a significantly higher wage bill. Have EK got any additional backers this year vs last season? 

EK have always been a well backed club and the Kean family have always invested heavily. I can not confirm or deny if MK is putting money in as all you hear is rumours and I have no inside knowledge, that said with the profile being lifted since he and Si Ferry took over and the exposure that gives the club you will naturally find more sponsors willing to part with cash.