Darvel FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’m on holiday and went on to see if it was announced Tom Reilly was away as I knew he was but Nop but Santa is coming to town , hope he can play middle of the park 🤭

Whos next to leave?

My fear now along with a few others is that the current team will be relegated and Mr Gall will decide the time is up but hand over to the under 20’s which is technically handing over to Galston boys club and that is the end of Darvel as the older supporters know it.

47 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

My fear now along with a few others is that the current team will be relegated and Mr Gall will decide the time is up but hand over to the under 20’s which is technically handing over to Galston boys club and that is the end of Darvel as the older supporters know it.

Think he’d accept anyone taking it over.  

Sadly for the club, those with the clubs best interest at heart have been banished.  

Darvel being relegated this season wouldn’t be a surprise.   Looking at their fixtures I am starting to think that they won’t win until they play Greenock in the cup.  

On 25/10/2023 at 15:10, glensmad said:

Scottish FA Licensing is a huge undertaking for any club at our level, and it's not a case of Troon not having a licence because of "inadequate" anything in particular. It is an enormous topic and ground facilities are only a small percentage of the issues which have to be addressed for a club to be licensed. Troon did announce that they are in the process of working towards their licence, however they will have their own timescales for achieving that which is their right.

Funny how the EOSFL has twice the numbers in the Big Scottish Cup than the West.

48 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Think he’d accept anyone taking it over.  

Sadly for the club, those with the clubs best interest at heart have been banished.  

Darvel being relegated this season wouldn’t be a surprise.   Looking at their fixtures I am starting to think that they won’t win until they play Greenock in the cup.  

Heard Mcinally is looking to bring in 3-4 players, I’d imagine on sensible money but they need to be experienced or I think relegation is in the cards.

The only surprise in all this for me is that anyone is surprised. The wee pie heid has no knowledge of football, makes enemies wherever he goes and unlike in the business he inherited, has nobody there to rein him in or give him advice. This was always going to end in tears and the glory hunters who ignored Darvel for 20 odd years and were prepared to see the club fold, will disappear as quickly as they emerged.