Darvel FC Thread

38 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

If he's that good a manager 1 why would u take the job knows what's coming that everyone knew eas going to happen 2 why would he take the job the way he got the job and 3 why Darvel surely he knew they didn't have money 

Good Decent managers back themselves money or no money. 

47 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Good Decent managers back themselves money or no money. 

Yeah I agree but surely he would have done his homework first and gone what's happening behind the scenes do I take this or was he offered everything but has got nothing which is the most likely case I mean if he is good u walk into thease jobs wanting what u want specially when u know a team has been successful I think he has been sold a dream that won't ever happen which is a shame for him he had big boots to fill but nothing to fill it with due to the incompetence of the previous board and management teams oh hold on the board is the same apart from Mr pie man supposedly 

Another woeful performance and score line probably flatters us , gartcairn in cruise control first half and could have been a lot more , we did score 2 really good goals however but I honestly can’t see where a win is coming from 

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

It will be strange seeing you post in the League One thread next season M8.

And League 2 the following season.

14 minutes ago, andy25 said:

And League 2 the following season.

League 4 in a couple of years it's amazing in a few years they have gone from the top to the bottom at least we won't  hear them about beating big teams again but I do feel for Darvel fans who are proper fans and not just people who jump on the bandwagon oh where is the fans apart from Darvel legend the rest have gone very quiet strange that 

20 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

League 4 in a couple of years it's amazing in a few years they have gone from the top to the bottom at least we won't  hear them about beating big teams again but I do feel for Darvel fans who are proper fans and not just people who jump on the bandwagon oh where is the fans apart from Darvel legend the rest have gone very quiet strange that 

Why? They've got to experience what fans of a lot of clubs won't for a brief spell. Winning trophies. Big crowds. Then they'll go back to where they were before. They had fun for a few years lording it over others now it's back to reality. But now with massive ground improvements and Scottish Cup football each season.

25 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Struggling badly unfortunately 

And it seems the manager has been led up the garden path , as soon as symie was sold their social media said it would go to strengthen the team , all the manager has done since is bring in young boys who are nowhere near ready for this type of football and if he’s got money to spend and that’s what he’s doing then he isn’t up for the job unfortunately 

43 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Why? They've got to experience what fans of a lot of clubs won't for a brief spell. Winning trophies. Big crowds. Then they'll go back to where they were before. They had fun for a few years lording it over others now it's back to reality. But now with massive ground improvements and Scottish Cup football each season.

Whats the massive ground improvements? 🤔 

As a clydebank supporter , who is obviously delighted with our signings and the start to the season, I can honestly say it's quite sad to see the way Darvel are falling behind a bit .  So heads up lads and start getting a few points on board ( after Tuesday, of course ) 

2 minutes ago, the don revie said:

As a clydebank supporter , who is obviously delighted with our signings and the start to the season, I can honestly say it's quite sad to see the way Darvel are falling behind a bit .  So heads up lads and start getting a few points on board ( after Tuesday, of course ) 

I wouldn’t bet us with 3 of a start on Tuesday night 

1 hour ago, the don revie said:

Totally agree mate. Darvel's struggles have tarnished the whole season for me. I didn't even cheer the Talbot goals today because I was so down.

Who is running show at Darvel now? Is Gall still around? 

Or is his recent and uncharacteristic silence mainly due to the fact Darvel are on the slide? 

If he has stepped away what a steep decline Darvel look like they are heading towards. One man’s play toy springs to mind. 

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Improvements ,hoalyf"ck  ,have you the state of the place

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Ground improvements will fall into disrepair, the club is on its arse. Just like the others their day in the sun is going to cripple them, they did however leave a legacy, where mediocre players feel it's right to ask for crazy money.

1 hour ago, Parkranger said:

Mick Oliver is good young manager.  Very naive and bad idea going to this team as manager 

Kidding urself, way out his depth here.