Jobber of the Season

On 02/05/2022 at 10:18, jaggyness said:
On 02/05/2022 at 09:52, R.R.FC said:
He was injured at the end of that season and missed the last 7 games including the play offs against Brechin and as mentioned elsewhere he scored 9 goals for relegated Hamilton last season, so you’re wrong on both counts. You may not rate him, which is fine, but to put him in the same bracket as someone like Martin Woods is fucking wild.

Ok we'll agree to disagree. I would also add Connor Sammon to the mix of jobbers. And before anyone jumps in with the 6 months where he scored a load at killie, anyone would have with Eremenko (who was a player) laying on countless chances per match for them. Look at his record elsewhere.

Sammon was the only bright spot in our relegation season. An absolutely tireless worker and fantastic at hold up play. Sadly he was playing in front of a midfield containing Ryan Edwards (superb attitude and engine, but a heidless chicken) and the ghost of Adam Barton that season so chances were, shall we say, limited. 

E.T.A. And fucking Abdul Osman. What a shower of utter wattery shite our midfield was that season. Ooft.

Edited by velo army

Slow Joe has already been declared the winner but, on the basis of the single game in which I saw him, Efe Ambrose might have otherwise been in with a shout.

For a former international who was playing regularly in the Scottish Premiership this season, and has had a very decent career, he has to be the most technically limited defender I have ever seen.

That his team beat us in that game says as much about Ayr Utd's lack of composure as anything. I was just genuinely surprised at how poor Ambrose was - he seemed terrified of receiving the ball. A jobber for sure, just not top jobber amongst a League full of them.  

On 03/05/2022 at 15:08, 101 said:

Polworth for me, an utter charlatan.

I'm only pulling this up because it's a forum and I'm bored but how are you seeing Polworth literally side by side with Chalmers on a football pitch and singling out Liam before Joe?

I can only assume its the understanding of the term jobber, which seems up for debate, because Chalmers being worse than Polworth (and indeed anyone) is not. 

Discuss.

8 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I'm only pulling this up because it's a forum and I'm bored but how are you seeing Polworth literally side by side with Chalmers on a football pitch and singling out Liam before Joe?

I can only assume its the understanding of the term jobber, which seems up for debate, because Chalmers being worse than Polworth (and indeed anyone) is not. 

Discuss.

Chalmers has had 1 good game for us, 1 more than Polworth imo.

Make no mistake both are jobbers. And perhaps have a place in the team but certainly not together because they are slower than a snail.

Just now, 101 said:

Chalmers has had 1 good game for us, 1 more than Polworth imo.

Make no mistake both are jobbers. And perhaps have a place in the team but certainly not together because they are slower than a snail.

Hmmmm...its a solid if basic argument but, personally, I see a forward intent from Polworth on the ball.

Chalmers is devoid of intent and now he's started to sprinkle in complete fuckin howlers which push him well clear of Polworth in my opinion....that header man. Christ.