This Season/Next Season

4 hours ago, KTID26 said:

Its 5 o'clock getting close to your mum telling you your chicken nuggets are ready. Time to go go sonny.

Well, maybe you should go also then KTID, because you couldn't see driving home the other night because you don't wear your glasses on the TV. In case you get slagged off. So you just stick to specsavers and I'll do the game, sonny.

...anyway, back on topic.

It's fair to say that the Championship wasn't up to all that much this season, and we were a poor league-winning side. Very happy to have won the league given there seemed like plenty of times were we'd chucked it and given ourselves a mountain to climb, but we managed to do it. Some of our fans assumed the league would be a canter - but they were soon brought crashing back down and given the poor signings the dinosaur had left us with, it wouldn't ever have been a walk in the park. The board took the gamble to appoint McInnes and it worked, albeit it was far more of a close-run thing than anyone of a Killie perspective would have liked. Very happy to have had two excellent weekends now that have just been big parties, and while I'd have liked to have been able to visit more away grounds than I actually managed to, I'm glad we're back in the big time and we can kick Dundee out of our chair at the table.

In terms of how I think we'll do next season, I think it's far too early to form expectations. Much like last summer, the squad needs a total rebuild and it depends who the manager has lined up. The dream season would be top six and a crack at Europe to banish the ghosts of the Nomads - but I think that given what we've been through most Killie fans would be alright with finishing 7th or 8th. For now, I'm going to enjoy the summer and look forward to those wonderful warm Saturdays in August when the league starts again, and perhaps a good away trip or two in mid-July to smaller grounds that I've yet to tick off my list.