Livi v St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Yes, it’s not exactly an inspired looking line up is it. 

I think Mays the best partner for Hendry, although thats down to a dearth of alternatives more than May being good enough.

As expected the rest is just shuffling the deck. Cleary and MacPherson have shown nothing to suggest they deserve to be starting games, yet others haven't performed so you're stuck having to chuck them in. Wonder when it'll click with him that having a full squad of struggling players is because of how hes making them play?

I think Mays the best partner for Hendry, although thats down to a dearth of alternatives more than May being good enough.
As expected the rest is just shuffling the deck. Cleary and MacPherson have shown nothing to suggest they deserve to be starting games, yet others haven't performed so you're stuck having to chuck them in. Wonder when it'll click with him that having a full squad of struggling players is because of how hes making them play?
I'd agree and, if I had to stick with the same system, I'd pick May and MacPherson over the two they've replaced. I thought May was slightly harshly drop for Cifiti although he's not shown much from the bench recently.

Harsh on Sang too. Seems from the outside some players are held to much higher standards than others.

4 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Harsh on Sang too. Seems from the outside some players are held to much higher standards than others.

:whistle

This may be a bit of an improvement the more I think about it. Trying to be positive…

May can’t be any less effective than Ciftci has been. 

If McPherson gets involved in the game then that’ll be an upgrade on Crawford lately, although I really don’t rate McPherson. Hope he proves me wrong. 

MacPherson is a weird middle ground wheres hes better than most folk claim, but much worse than he thinks he is.

He'll get involved more than Crawford but is less likely to score. Neither are ones you can trust defensively.

We are so missing Chris Kane as he at least wins free kicks and never hides. I think Stevie May on from the start is better than 10 minutes at the end. We really need to try and work the goalkeeper today.
COYS

Just now, Sh*teAndMuck said:

And he’s on our set pieces. Unreal. 

He’s crap at them. A complete wasted jersey. Saints press has been decent today - far better with Ciftci out of the team - but we need a playmaker in the middle and McPherson clearly isn’t that man.

At least we’ve had a shot on target today but we’re still badly lacking in creativity.

Maybe just comparing it to last week but that felt a decent performance. Not great and probably just average, but we aren't half arsed at least.

Ciftci should be embarrassed by how much better May is than him.

Probably says as much about the horrendously low standard set this season that I think that's been a bit of an improvement. Not as passive without the ball at least mainly because May and to a lesser extent MacPherson do more without the ball.

Still poor with it. It's the same story needing a centre half to step out with ball or a couple of the midfielders to drop and take it. Neither happening.

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Still poor with it. It's the same story needing a centre half to step out with ball or a couple of the midfielders to drop and take it. Neither happening.

Can see that MacPherson knows he should be doing it, he either isn’t comfortable enough to or is told not to