Gary McDonald (Kilmarnock)

Tommy Miller (Sunderland)

Nick Montgomery (Sheffield United)

Gary Teale (Wigan Athletic)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock)

Darryl Duffy (Falkirk)

Lee Miller (Dundee United)

Scotland play Poland at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock, next Tuesday, 6 December, with a 7.30 pm kick-off. Admission is just £5 for adults and £2 concessions, pay at the gate.

Ayr fans get the chance to see some decent players in a decent stadium - win/win situation.

Tuesday, 06 December 2005

Bell's Scottish Football League Championship Second Division

Morton v Ayr, 19:30 :rolleyes:

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Would it hurt the SFA to play one of these games or an U21 game further north? I wouldn't mind going to some of these games but they're too far away. How about the SFA played these games at places like McDiarmid Park, Tannadice or Pittodrie to give the fans in the northern part of the country a chance to see some international football, even if it's just a future game.

All the U21 games seem to be in and around the Glasgow area and the crowds are always poor. Perhaps it's time to move the games around?

Guest hibee_james

Does anyone know how these squads are selected?

Reason i ask is i'm amazed there's no whittaker or thomson from hibs in the squad. Thought this would be the perfect oppurtunity for them to make a step up. Also guys like diamond, mcnaughton at aberdeen and wilson at dundee utd would surely be more 'future' players than some in the squad.

Does anyone know how these squads are selected?

Reason i ask is i'm amazed there's no whittaker or thomson from hibs in the squad. Thought this would be the perfect oppurtunity for them to make a step up. Also guys like diamond, mcnaughton at aberdeen and wilson at dundee utd would surely be more 'future' players than some in the squad.

Exactly what I was wondering - how exactly do guys like Alan Combe, Adam Virgo, Tommy Miller, Gary Teale and Barry Robson get classed as the "Future"? IMO this should be guys who are either in their last year of under 21 football, or guys up to the age of 23 or 24, as they might have a chance to progress to full international level.

Kevin Thomson, Mark Wilson, Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker should all be in there. Hell, even Simon Lappin and Kirk Broadfoot would count as "future internationalists" better than some of them would, even though they're not at the right standard yet :rolleyes:

Guest Caledonia

Would it hurt the SFA to play one of these games or an U21 game further north? I wouldn't mind going to some of these games but they're too far away. How about the SFA played these games at places like McDiarmid Park, Tannadice or Pittodrie to give the fans in the northern part of the country a chance to see some international football, even if it's just a future game.

All the U21 games seem to be in and around the Glasgow area and the crowds are always poor. Perhaps it's time to move the games around?

Theres a UEFA rule that U21 games (qualifiers) have to be played within 60 miles of the stadium where the A squads game is. Thats why they are usually shared around Glasgow. Thats why the furthest north it has been on McDiarmid (Lithuania 3-2). So thats the reason its never in Dundee or Aberdeen.

I agree though that Pittodrie are due an A game. Dundee had a future game last year did it not?

Anyway it doesn't matter to me where they are as I go no matter what. Early finish on Tuesday I think!!

Guest BerwickRadge

Good to see Nick Montgomery get a chance - he's been solid for Sheff Utd so far this season and is attracting some attention from Premiership teams.

If Warnock does leave Sheff Utd, then I'm sure he'll make Montgomery one of his first signings.

Goalkeepers

Alan Combe (Kilmarnock) - I fear for international football if he's what we have to offer

David Marshall (Celtic) - Fair enough

Defenders

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) - who? :blink:

Gordon Greer (Kilmarnock) - Good to see a former Clyde man in there B)

Garry Hay (Kilmarnock) - who? :blink:

Robbie Neilson (Heart of Midlothian) - :blink:

Adam Virgo (Celtic) - pish :lol:

Ross Wallace (Celtic) - pish :lol:

Midfield

Barry Robson (Dundee United) - bit old to be future

Brian Kerr (Motherwell) - who? :blink:

Gary McDonald (Kilmarnock) - who? :blink:

Tommy Miller (Sunderland) - who? :blink:

Nick Montgomery (Sheffield United) - Oh dear another - who? :blink:

Gary Teale (Wigan Athletic) - :huh: When did he become good enough for Wigan? :lol:

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock) He's not in the full squad already :o

Darryl Duffy (Falkirk) :D

Lee Miller (Dundee United) :D

Scotland play Poland at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock, next Tuesday, 6 December, with a 7.30 pm kick-off. Admission is just £5 for adults and £2 concessions, pay at the gate.

Goalkeepers

Alan Combe (Kilmarnock) - I fear for international football if he's what we have to offer

David Marshall (Celtic) - Fair enough

Defenders

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) - who? :blink:

Gordon Greer (Kilmarnock) - Good to see a former Clyde man in there B)

Garry Hay (Kilmarnock) - who? :blink:

Robbie Neilson (Heart of Midlothian) - :blink:

Adam Virgo (Celtic) - pish :lol:

Ross Wallace (Celtic) - pish :lol:

Midfield

Barry Robson (Dundee United) - bit old to be future

Brian Kerr (Motherwell) - who? :blink:

Gary McDonald (Kilmarnock) - who? :blink:

Tommy Miller (Sunderland) - who? :blink:

Nick Montgomery (Sheffield United) - Oh dear another - who? :blink:

Gary Teale (Wigan Athletic) - :huh: When did he become good enough for Wigan? :lol:

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock) He's not in the full squad already :o

Darryl Duffy (Falkirk) :D

Lee Miller (Dundee United) :D

You don't watch much football do you?...

Is Virgo not English? :unsure:

No he's definetly Scottish :unsure: or at least his grannie is, he's played a couple of Future games, has he not. Does Anyone know where there is coverage of this game, no mention on BBC and Sky Sports.

Guest thefamousphilosifer

No he's definetly Scottish :unsure: or at least his grannie is

It must be his grannie, as the Celtic website claims his place of birth was Brighton ;) Why do we need to select these English diddies for Scotland squads. He doesn't even get a game for Celtic as far as I'm aware

It must be his grannie, as the Celtic website claims his place of birth was Brighton ;) Why do we need to select these English diddies for Scotland squads. He doesn't even get a game for Celtic as far as I'm aware

His Appearances this season are 1 start and 4 sub appearance, yet he is in the Future Squad ahead of the likes of Whiitaker, McNaughton etc.. is unbeleivable

Scotland B vs Poland B

Scotland B: Marshall, Neilson, Hay, Montgomery, Greer, Virgo, Teale, McDonald, Boyd, Duffy, Robson

Subs: Combe, Berra, Wallace, Kerr, Miller, McAllister

Poland B: Fabianski, Kusto, Magdon, Dudka, Bieniuk, Blaszczykowski, Brozek, Jelen, Iwanski, Scherfchen, Grzelak

Subs: Przyrowski, Klos, Burkhardt, Kaczmarek, Bonin, Piechna

Referee: D McKeown (Ireland)

Scotland B vs Poland B

Scotland B: Marshall, Neilson, Hay, Montgomery, Greer, Virgo, Teale, McDonald, Boyd, Duffy, Robson

Subs: Combe, Berra, Wallace, Kerr, Miller, McAllister

Poland B: Fabianski, Kusto, Magdon, Dudka, Bieniuk, Blaszczykowski, Brozek, Jelen, Iwanski, Scherfchen, Grzelak

Subs: Przyrowski, Klos, Burkhardt, Kaczmarek, Bonin, Piechna

Referee: D McKeown (Ireland)

1 start between them this season :angry: , Where about did you get the teams :unsure:

Archived