Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scott Burns continuing to destroy his reputation. Don't back down, double down:
Ross pulled out of the running and extensive talks have been held with Maloney - with the former Scotland midfielder even pictured during an apparent photoshoot outside Dens.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shaun-maloney-dundee-brink-collapse-27137681

This is quite funny actually because I thought it was just me that thought his usually stellar record of predicting stuff was going down a bit. Usually very reliable when it comes to stuff like signings.

Whoever we end up getting as manager please make sure he’s not they type that has a clear idea of how he likes football to be played.  Far too many managers bang on about the style of  play they are looking for.  That is not an issue if your players (usually heavily dictated by available budget) are better than the opposition.  Yes, we may be able to do that to a certain degree in the Championship but as soon as we get promoted that’s where the trouble will start.

We need a manager that is flexible in their approach and can get the very best out of the players he has at his disposal. I really don’t care how we win games.  We just have to make sure we do win them.

Is Tommy Wright that sort of manager?  I think he probably is but @RandomGuy. (genuinely looking for your opinion) and a few other Saints fans would be better placed than me to answer that question.

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Whoever we end up getting as manager please make sure he’s not they type that has a clear idea of how he likes football to be played.  Far too many managers bang on about the style of  play they are looking for.  That is not an issue if your players (usually heavily dictated by available budget) are better than the opposition.  Yes, we may be able to do that to a certain degree in the Championship but as soon as we get promoted that’s where the trouble will start.

We need a manager that is flexible in their approach and can get the very best out of the players he has at his disposal. I really don’t care how we win games.  We just have to make sure we do win them.

Is Tommy Wright that sort of manager?  I think he probably is but @RandomGuy. (genuinely looking for your opinion) and a few other Saints fans would be better placed than me to answer that question.

Yeah that was his strength with us, we never had a settled way of building attacks, it sort of depended who we had. Was able to adapt well once he'd figured opponents out (we regularly had some horrendous results in the first 11 games, then came strong after) and use what he had to make it work.

Don't know if it was luck or design but we always had one player hitting a purple patch that he got the most out of. May, MacLean, Wotherspoon, O'Halloran, Swanson all, in seperate seasons, had arguably their best spells of their career under him as he responded to the loss of one by building the attack around the next. It kind of started to falter near the end but I honestly think he just grew out of time at the club, we're abysmally run in terms of supporting managers behind the scenes and i think it wore him down.

I don't know how it went with Kilmarnock, and I've had a feeling for a while now, even in his final season with us, that he was simply tired and was trying to force himself to still enjoy it. Everything about him when he was there felt fake.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Plot twist. We've pulled another U-Turn and offered Charlie Adam the job:

Screenshot_20220603-102844_Chrome.jpg

Load of shite of 'Dundee U-turn' headline, watch the first 5 mins and he said the club and him were moving on.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Does this bring Saft Feet back into the frame again or is he away to join QPR?

This may even bring Jack Ross back into thing as he was also touted for the Hartlepool job.

Jack Ross said this in an interview for the Sunderland Echo:

I have had opportunities to go back but I have decided that they weren’t quite right.

I want to get back now as soon as possible but you want to make sure it is the right one.

Scotland, England or overseas. I think it is just making sure that it is the right one and hopefully that will come around soon.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Does this bring Saft Feet back into the frame again or is he away to join QPR?

This may even bring Jack Ross back into thing as he was also touted for the Hartlepool job.

KT is NOT in the frame.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

KT is NOT in the frame.

Who is at this rate?

We've got the fabled McBookie 3 now that Maloney & Ross are off the list which only Peter Leven seemed like a reasonably realistic (if yet another poor IMO) candidate.

Then there's joke names like Pressley.

Derek Adams declared interest last time round but has since went back to Morecambe.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Who is at this rate?

We've got the fabled McBookie 3 now that Maloney & Ross are off the list which only Peter Leven seemed like a reasonably realistic (if yet another poor IMO) candidate.

Derek Adams declared interest last time round but has since went back to Morecambe.

Craig Levein. Urh.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who is at this rate?

Nobody knows it seems. I bet even Strachan and Nelms don't know.

I hope they have to start from scratch and find someone outside our known sphere who can be exciting. I'm sure it won't be.