Oi, what happened to the Carlisle thread?

orfc

19 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Planning on heading to Carlisle vs Derby on the 23rd of September as Ayr are playing on the Friday night. Where in the stadium is best to sit/stand?

I haven't been in recent years. In the past I've generally used the standing terracing in the Paddock which is in front of the main stand. 

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I haven't been in recent years. In the past I've generally used the standing terracing in the Paddock which is in front of the main stand. 

Thanks. Will probably either get a ticket for there or the more modern stand opposite it depending on availability.

2 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Thanks. Will probably either get a ticket for there or the more modern stand opposite it depending on availability.

The ground holds 17,000 and our average gate this season is 7,000 - availability won't be an issue I think 🙂 - derby may well sell their allocation out, but they're not seen as a huge team like Leeds were a few years back (15 actually 😮)

If you want to stand paddock / Warwick road end, sittings a couple quid more in the east stand (the new one). Wait a few days before to see the weather forecast as the Warwick is fully covered whereas the front of the paddock isn't. 

The Warwick is right behind the goal so depending how the match unfolds, you may get one half of close quarter action followed by 45 minutes of needing binoculars. Hopefully it'll be a bit more even, cos derby don't seem to be setting the division alight so far 

Edited by orfc

5 hours ago, orfc said:

Big penalty shout turned down before half time, manager not happy... (Looks like you see it in the highlights)

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2023/september/manager-we-did-a-lot-of-good-things/

He's right to be unhappy. That's a stonewall penalty. Awful decision.

On 10/09/2023 at 13:14, GuyIncognito said:

PS Apparently seats are selling fast if you want a perch, but they've opened the standing only waterworks end to home fans now too. It is completely uncovered though the forecast looks dry (so far)