Summer Transfers of '22

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He was apparently offered a 2 year deal by us but he turned it down as he believed he'd get a gig in the top flight.

No, he left us around the same time Mark McGhee did!

Hmm could go either way I suppose. He could be fired up to earn the move he feels he deserves or he sits licking his wounds stealing a wage. Hopefully the former from Thistle pov haha

4 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hmm could go either way I suppose. He could be fired up to earn the move he feels he deserves or he sits licking his wounds stealing a wage. Hopefully the former from Thistle pov haha

I don't think you'll hate him for a lack of trying anyways! Hope he does relatively well for you lads, just not too well.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think you'll hate him for a lack of trying anyways! Hope he does relatively well for you lads, just not too well.

On a similar note nice to see Jakubiak grabbing a few goals to start his season. Will never be prolific in the league I feel but seems an honest player and a nice guy to boot.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

He was unlikely to go further uo the food chain in Scotland after leaving Dundee. So I don't know where he would have gone.

Could work out for both parties and if so he might get a shot elsewhere if he has a good and healthy season. 

12 month contract so could make afew quid as a free agent if his career moves in an upward trajectory.

Did he take part in pre season at Dens?

Thank you.

Agreed regarding the food chain, but he didn't seem to think the same.

No, Mullen left practically immediately after the last game of the season. Wasn't even at the player of the year awards the same night, not that he would've won anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now the season is well underway, does anyone think that the standard of the division is not as high as last season?

It’s not changed imo. There was no standout team last season and it looks that way this season. Likewise there isn’t an absolute riddy team that’s going to be cut adrift at the bottom by the looks of things.

On paper I think Partick should be doing better but McCall always makes heavy weather of things.

• 2 months later...